public void refresh(a);

}
class Thread extends Board{
public void EmptyTitle(OP Anonymous){

String fullTitle = "EmptyTitle";
int postNumber = "345432";
String image = "ULlMVId.jpg";
String date = "07/03/18(Tue)11:42:19";
String comment = "Anyone working in gd and actually happy about it? It seems like every designer I talk to somehow stumbled into it, and just treats it like a 9-5 job (myself included)";

}
public void comments(){
if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==345435 && dateTime=="07/03/18(Tue)12:12:50")

"I managed to get into a rapidly growing media company early and am actually loving it so far. It's kinda nuts and there are a lot of fire-drills because of fuckups and short deadlines but the challenge is actually fulfilling.

I know I'm sort of an outlier especially for the town I'm working in, but it is possible to find a satisfying career in design.

Unfortunately, a big part of landing a good position in this industry that doesn't involve 10 hours a day of UI/UX design relies on timing and networking."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==345615 && dateTime=="07/06/18(Fri)11:14:32")

"i was happy about it but then after some completed work, i figured it's mostly marketing. How you sell yourself and convince clients the price of my work.";

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==345617 && dateTime=="07/06/18(Fri)11:57:48")

"I'm satisfied most of the time, I have lots of free time and make good money, I only regret it when I run into those clients that expect you to rewrite the principles of the universe as part of their branding.";

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==345711 && dateTime=="07/07/18(Sat)20:59:51")

">>345432
I studied GD for an Associates degree. Got it. I applied for 1 job after graduating(large corporation print/web media sub-set).Got it. Worked there for 2.5 years. That company collapsed due to bad management and the death of print vs digital. I posted my resume with the workforce online.I was contacted by a...different kind of company which requires vector graphics. I was interviewed. Got it. Been there for over 2.5 years now.Love it. In my previous job I used Adobe PS, ID and Illustrator collectively on a daily basis. When I came to this new place I'm at, they only had CorelDRAW / PPAINT. I told them right away that I need Photoshop because Corel's PPAINT is garbage, but that I was willing to adapt to CorelDRAW (as CDRAW is necessary for our purposes ((lasers, and AI does not play as well))). Badass boss listened to me right away and got me muh PS. I adapted to CDRAW, much to my delight because it opened my eyes to the power of programming with VBA for macros and HOLY SHIT I have dominated in that area, I have made buttons and custom shortcuts for almost anything you can imagine, and not just by traditional preferences modifications, I'm talking about coding. Fast forward>as I've said, I've been there for over 2.5 years now and I've got a GREAT situation. Badass boss has bought me everything I've asked for and I've delivered on more points than he ever imagined, as he's spoken to me multiple times. I work on 3 monitors: one straight in front of me with the main CDRAW interface, the one on the right is for the massive dockers/toolbars/macros setup I've created and the monitor to the left is usually for emails and photoshop reference of the images I'm tracing(I know that sounds trivial, but its not, I have a perfect setup for what I'm doing there).
I guess the reason I typed up all this shit is to say that YES, I am very happy with my GD choices and where I'm at. Also, I guess by typing it up... I remind myself to be thankful. And hey well... you asked."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==346142 && dateTime=="07/12/18(Thu)21:38:00")

">>345711
Do you need a degree in graphic design or would any art based degree work? I have one in traditional art and am trying to branch out to digital. Not OP but your post was insightful to read."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==346348 && dateTime=="07/16/18(Mon)03:29:12")

">>345711
I love graphics design people they are like unpretentious doctors where their art is their surgery."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==346352 && dateTime=="07/16/18(Mon)05:57:40" && image=="measurements.gif")

">>345711
Adobe products have powerful scripting capabilities too anon. I've halved the time it takes my colleagues and I to complete a drawing by automating repetitive drawing tasks.
pic related

>>345432
I wouldn't call my job "gd" as such, I mostly create pseudo-technical drawings in Illustrator, with some occasional advertising stuff and instruction sheets. I stumbled into it (I have a CompSci degree kek), but had some experience doing technical drawing/drafting by hand at HS. We publish on the web and create a print catalogue in InDesign, so there is work taking product photos too. It's very enjoyable work with little stress."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==346380 && dateTime=="07/16/18(Mon)15:48:27")

"How do you stumble into it?";

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==346386 && dateTime=="07/16/18(Mon)17:15:30")

">>345432
Yea, I studied graphic design and now Im
freelancing, which works pretty nice for me.

A lot of people complain that they only get
"boring projects" and they think thats whats
ruins the job. I dont think so. If you cant make
something fun & creative out of a project, you
might never get happy with your job & your
most likely in the wrong business.

Never than less, I love my job, made the right
choice"
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==346387 && dateTime=="07/16/18(Mon)17:38:48" && image=="hope.png")

">>345432
Not strictly /gd/ but colorist/video post-producer/motion-graphic artist here.
I worked at several places (advertising mainly) and it was strictly a 9-5 job which I could handle.
3 years ago I decided to quit the animation studio I was working at the moment and start my own studio along with some friends who where also freelancing at the time and that was a fine as fuck decision. We are all doing great, we don't have to answer to a cokehead boss nor Todd from marketing, we all work at our own pace whenever we want to as long as we meet the deadlines. Since the company is ours, we still care about doing quality shit but it doesn't feel like an obligation it's just our ego when we know our studio will be on the credits.
So yeah, happy as fuck."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==346409 && dateTime=="07/16/18(Mon)21:03:14")

">>345432
I wanted to get into game design/game art but I figured I wasn't good enough so I stuck to GD. Instead of going to art school, I went to school for 2 years in a "visual media" program. I work at a tiny print shop. It's ok. I'm making min wage and have about 1 year experience now. I don't love it. Some days are better than others. I don't think I'm cut out for the 9-5 and would love to have my own company one day. I'm often worried I'm going to spend the rest of my life working at shitty companies getting shit pay."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==346415 && dateTime=="07/16/18(Mon)23:35:50")

">>345432
Can someone who just really wants a comfy job in some cool millennial startup office be a graphic designer if they bust their ass? I also have ambitions to get into UX. I could just learn how to get the computer to make stuff."
;

}
}