public void refresh(a);

}
class Thread extends Board{
public void Mostarticulatedfigure?(OP Anonymous){

String fullTitle = "Most articulated figure?";
int postNumber = "7044074";
String image = "SFBT-3-stretching-forwards.jpg";
String date = "07/12/18(Thu)14:28:26";
String comment = "Does anyone remember the all metal figure that was super expensive (like maybe in the thousands) but had I believe the most points of articulation?";

}
public void comments(){
if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7044685 && dateTime=="07/12/18(Thu)19:46:17" && image=="c321fb.jpg")

"Zoho Artform?";

if(eNon && title=="" && postNumber==7045062 && dateTime=="07/12/18(Thu)22:47:34")

">>7044074
Real Doll?"
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7045076 && dateTime=="07/12/18(Thu)22:57:33" && image=="zoho artform dr.jpg")

"It's ZoHo Artform.
costs about $10,000 to get the cheapest all aluminum one."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7045211 && dateTime=="07/13/18(Fri)00:53:30")

">>7044685
>>7045076
Thanks, guys. That's insane... More expensive than I even recalled..."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7045233 && dateTime=="07/13/18(Fri)01:12:38")

">>7045076
Holy fuck that posing though, that looks like a 3D render, not a picture of a “toy.” Artform indeed."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7048394 && dateTime=="07/14/18(Sat)10:26:49")

">>7045076
>>7044685
>all metal
>ball joints
>friction joints
>no ratchet joints
ENJOY YOUR $10,000 FLOPPY MESS!!"
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7048425 && dateTime=="07/14/18(Sat)10:46:26" && image=="zoho artform.jpg")

">>7048394
>implying the Zoho is engineered as shittily as zincshit toys
You probably think that your diecast is actually expensive to make and isn't a budget metal that's cheaper to mold than plastic, sold to morons who think weight = expensive"
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7048433 && dateTime=="07/14/18(Sat)10:53:01")

">>7048425
Not him, but what exactly is keeping this thing's joints from just deteriorating and going limp in the span of 1 month?"
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7048450 && dateTime=="07/14/18(Sat)11:02:48")

">>7048433
The fact it's an art piece and not something you would play with like your animu girls."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7048453 && dateTime=="07/14/18(Sat)11:04:43" && image=="ZoHoArt2.jpg")

">>7048433
better metals and the fact that there's a ton of obviously little screw holes to tighten shit.

There's likely cups inside there too, considering each hand is made up of 100 pieces."
;

if(Rando !!8Rk2C4M7iMU && title=="" && postNumber==7048483 && dateTime=="07/14/18(Sat)11:26:14")

">>7048453
That looks amazing."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7048565 && dateTime=="07/14/18(Sat)12:06:23")

">>7048425
That's not how metals work. No metal is as flexible as plastic to mitigate the microscopic abrasions of direct contact friction joints.
>>7048453
The screws are there to make the figure loose so you can move it without damaging the metals."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7048568 && dateTime=="07/14/18(Sat)12:07:27")

">>7044074
are there any figures out there that aim to realistically emulate the range of movement a normal human has? it would have to have no swivel or ball joints that could rotate 360 degrees since humans cant do that."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7048579 && dateTime=="07/14/18(Sat)12:12:54")

">>7048450
>Intentionally making a highly posable figure out of a material that can't handle much stress and will go floppy after a few poses
>That is okay because it is art"
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7049297 && dateTime=="07/14/18(Sat)17:08:13")

">>7048565
A lot of hard plastics are like inferior aluminum alloys in characteristics, down the mediocre elongation characteristics. The advantage of hard plastics is they're cheap to make at precise dimensions where metal casting needs extra finish for the same kind of fit and finish. Also the most common rigid plastics are all "crystalline plastics" or some such which have a defining characteristic of being highly reactive to solvents which in some product manufacturing applications is a plus

Metal on metal industrial locomotion lasts about as well as non lubricant impregnated plastics, even tougher ones like nylon much less ABS. I'd wager chromed, hardend steel even without lube would outlast plastic on plastic by far. There are also plenty of high viscosity greases that keep things relatively tight while preserving the surface"
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7049322 && dateTime=="07/14/18(Sat)17:12:35")

">>7048579
>He doesnt understand art"
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7049324 && dateTime=="07/14/18(Sat)17:12:54")

"Also, the zinc and tin shit that's used for diecast cant be compared to something like hardened steel. I'm will to bet even plain stock steel or aluminum that's been polished would hold up longer than plastic on plastic. I wouldn't try it but a non lubed hobby motion system made from aluminum rails and steel ball based bearings would probably last hundreds of miles of motion even with a high preload.";

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7049394 && dateTime=="07/14/18(Sat)17:32:28")

">>7049297
>I'd wager chromed, hardend steel even without lube would outlast plastic on plastic by far
Depends on the kind of joints and hardness/flexibility of the steel, but overall plastic joints will probably serve you better 9/10 times if you're talking about things at the scale of toys. In industrial equipment or large scale machines, "joints" don't use simple two piece friction for resistance any way. Everything is ratchets and hydraulics for the most part, which metals are better suited for. More often than not, moving pieces in those kinds of equipment try to reduce friction because of wear."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7049874 && dateTime=="07/14/18(Sat)21:20:03")

">>7049394
>Everything is ratchets and hydraulics for the most part
Lol what

What am I even reading here? Most precision motion uses servos driven by electromagnetically powered motors. Hydraulics and ratchets are for like heavy equipment where you need tens of tons of pressure"
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7049952 && dateTime=="07/14/18(Sat)21:52:14")

">>7049874
>>7049394
>In industrial equipment or large scale machines
Can you even read. I was trying to justify your arguments for you by giving examples of when metals are favorable. Servos also don't use two piece contact friction for resistance. They use gears and are predominantly made out of plastics especially with smaller machines. Unless you can convince me that metals could be used to make better simple frictions joints with actual examples like you've stated multiple times now, just stop trying."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7050256 && dateTime=="07/15/18(Sun)00:48:17" && image=="GSL12.jpg")

">>7048579
>>7048565
You're stupid for assuming everything is as cheaply made as the toys you own.

Again, they use 100 pieces for the hands alone. If you look at hands and try to count all the pieces that you see on the surface, there's maybe 50-60 pieces there.
So there's obviously internal pieces, because it's engineered like other mechanical metal equipment that has moving joints.
Shit that is meant to last for years and decades, even lifetimes because most people leave that shit and don't care that the performance (read: stiffer) has gotten worse.

There's a reason the Zoho Artform costs over $10,000 and your poorfag toys are $30, unless they're overpriced import shit where that extra cost is because tiny market."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7050386 && dateTime=="07/15/18(Sun)02:19:16" && image=="sku_149799_1.jpg")

">>7044074
Creative iron wire robot. Made of wire so infinite articulation. Very nice."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7051691 && dateTime=="07/15/18(Sun)16:42:07")

">>7050256
>metal equipment that has moving joints
>last for years and decades
Even the most rigorously lubricated parts of complex machinery are in a constant state of maintenance or being replaced. Many different metals are useful for many different purposes, per volume plastics could not handle the level of torque or pressure metals could endure, but that doesn't make it a miracle material that's superior in all applications.
I'm not saying that the Zoho figure is a badly made art piece. It probably just isn't a good toy. For a collector who has the patience to loosen every joint before moving it, and will only pose it a few times that's fine. It's not meant to be played with like the average toy, it's meant to be a poseable sculpture.
Also, the engineering under the Zoho figures are either fairly simple or if they aren't could be reproduced in a simple way (at least they could be today I'm not sure when these came out). The art of Zoho isn't in its engineering complexity but in its precision manufacturing (the machining of the inside of the ass-cheeks in particular are impressive) and aesthetic presentation."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7051764 && dateTime=="07/15/18(Sun)17:07:38" && image=="metalfatigue.jpg")

">>7050386
Infinite until it succumbs to..."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7053015 && dateTime=="07/16/18(Mon)05:23:33" && image=="zoho_4.jpg")

">>7051691
You clearly don't have an understanding of how mechanical shit works.
Go through the plumbing in your house or do something mechanical.
Shit like that is going to get stressed a hundred times worse than any toy you've ever owned.

There's a lot of ways to ensure the figure doesn't get loose or scratched the fuck up when moving it around like nearly every single toy you own.
Again, there's a hundred pieces for the hands alone and less than half of them are visible on the surface. The fact this is a selling point just shows that he is proud of his engineering complexity. It's why he makes it so visible in the design and prominent in the photos.
The guy obviously put a lot of thought into the figure (6 whole years!) and it's why he's charging $10k+ for the cheapest one."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7053969 && dateTime=="07/16/18(Mon)17:17:06")

">>7053015
>Shit like that is going to get stressed a hundred times worse than any toy you've ever owned.
Yes, metals are generally better at handling pressure stress. I've stated this a couple times now. You continue to not read my posts in whole. It's also notable that not ALL plumbing is best done using metals. Metals and plastics have their own uses, even in plumbing, which has been my position this whole time.

>There's a lot of ways to ensure the figure doesn't get loose or scratched
Again, I've pointed this out a couple times now. The Zoho artform uses screws for this very reason.
>there's a hundred pieces for the hands alone and less than half of them are visible on the surface
Unless it's been stated somewhere that's impossible to know for sure. As far as I can see, I can count what seems to be at least 16 pieces in each finger. That's 64 pieces just for the four fingers and around 72 including the thumb. I'm likely wrong in the exact number but it's definitely more than 50 for the fingers and thumb. There's no reason to assume there are any complex mechanics going on inside when a simple explanation is more likely, and even if it is more complex than it would seem it can be recreated simply to achieve similar results.
>he is proud of his engineering complexity
Maybe, but to modern eyes it's not that complex. Relative to modern toys, I mean. Obviously, it's complex relative to history. I'll reiterate, I think the skill involved in the machining process is much more impressive.
>why he makes it so visible in the design and prominent in the photos
This goes against your assumption that the complexity is hidden within while it bolsters my belief that the beauty is in the precision of the craft.
>charging $10k+ for the cheapest one.
Machining precise intricate pieces is a long and arduous process.
But this is all distraction from the original question, can metals generally be used to produce better joints for toys than plastics? I'm still not convinced."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7054234 && dateTime=="07/16/18(Mon)19:31:33" && image=="robot dog vs banana.webm")

">>7053969
>but to modern eyes it's not that complex
lol, wut?
What is more complex?

>This goes against your assumption that the complexity
It's not an assumption, because it's literally how he has been marketing his stuff since forever
And that's funny that you think it goes against it, because it's right there. Just because somethings are INSIDE doesn't mean he's still not trying to show it all off, especially since it'd be impossible with metal.

>I'm still not convinced.
of course you wouldn't be, considering you think something modern is more complex.
Literally no one has tried harder, except for scientists making human-like robots and other robots."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7054355 && dateTime=="07/16/18(Mon)20:48:11")

">>7054234
I'm going engage one more time regarding the Zoho artforms, because it continues to only be a distraction to the actual question.
>can metals generally be used to produce better joints for toys than plastics?

Why do you care so much about the thing? It's so tangential to the question at hand. It wasn't conceived as a toy. Why do you act as if your identity depends on it? It's quality is of no consequence to the debate. I acknowledge its quality as a product of artistic talent. Again you misconstrue my statements here
>of course you wouldn't be, considering you think something modern is more complex.
Literally no one has tried harder, except for scientists making human-like robots and other robots.
As factually incorrect as your statement may be (the Zoho artform isn't even a robot), my convincing has nothing to do with the Zoho artform because it's not meant to be a toy. My convincing has only to do with the application of metals in joints for toys. This is a grace for your argument because the Zoho artform would be a terrible toy from a ease of use perspective.

Again I ask you: can metals generally be used to produce better joints for toys than plastics? Notice, this question has nothing to do with the Zoho artform."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7054380 && dateTime=="07/16/18(Mon)21:00:08")

">>7054355
>Why do you care so much about the thing?
I'm just responding to your questions and statements.
I already responded way back when on how the internals likely work
>There's likely cups inside there too, considering each hand is made up of 100 pieces.

You make idiotic claims, so why shouldn't i ask you about what you think is more complex?

And no one said he built a robot, just that they're the only things more complex than his figure."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7054422 && dateTime=="07/16/18(Mon)21:20:26")

">>7054380
Okay, I'm going to just try this one more time.
The complexity of the figure 1) is irrelevant 2) isn't that great or can be reproduced in a simple manner
I don't care if there are internal workings. There probably aren't. Neither you nor I know for sure. But it doesn't matter. It has zero bearing on my question.
I thought you were misunderstanding me, so I did not see the reason to point out that the Zoho artform uses simple hinges, swivles, and ball/socket joints for most of its joints. The most complex parts are the collapsing panels in arms and legs which have been reproduced in cheap plastic model kits for years. I'm not saying that it's done the same way, but the effect is the same. These tricks required ingenuity to conceive, but anyone can replicate them now that it's been mass produced. Maybe you haven't encountered them before, in which case forgive me for my presumptions. Maybe you've just stumbled onto /toy/?

Again, the discussion is not about complexity. Although I did not start it, the first disagreement is here >>7048394
It is about the use of metal joints."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7054461 && dateTime=="07/16/18(Mon)21:37:11")

">>7045076
>$10,000
>No paint finish
>No accessories
>Shitty face sculpt
>sloppy visible joints

Gross"
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7054464 && dateTime=="07/16/18(Mon)21:39:49")

">>7054422
I have no clue what your point is or what you're arguing, because I'm just reacting to your stupid posts about
>>but to modern eyes it's not that complex
>There's no reason to assume there are any complex mechanics going on inside when a simple explanation
which you've since backed off and now claiming it doesn't matter, since you've brought up no examples except some vague remarks about some unnamed model kits

>It is about the use of metal joints.
And that was already answered way back when, as stated in my previous post."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7054484 && dateTime=="07/16/18(Mon)21:53:06")

">>7054464
Your answer was that there were complex inner mechanisms or
>cups inside there
That's not an answer to the question of the usage of metal. I'm going to have to assume you're either pretending to be retarded or actually retarded now. You can't claim to not know what I'm questioning when I've tried my hardest to frame it in the simplest way I can. Or maybe, you're the person behind the concept of the piece who can't bear the idea that your humble machinists would get the credit for the beauty of the product. In any case, you either lack the capability or willingness to argue on good faith. Perhaps you lack both."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7054508 && dateTime=="07/16/18(Mon)22:06:15" && image=="magnetic joints.jpg")

">>7054484
i posted a picture here >>7050256
Do you lack knowledge about even models? Because even models have cups.

I'm not going to pretend to know what materials its made up of, but based on simple knowledge of movable joints, it's easy to figure out how it works and what parts are needed.

> I'm going to have to assume you're either pretending to be retarded or actually retarded now.
> willingness to argue on good faith.
Says the guy who claims models are just as complex and was just kidding about how modern stuff is more complex. Oh, and how about that bit where you claimed there's no reason its complex despite the fact that it's made up of a hundred little bits and bobs in just a single hand? What a hoot.

there's nothing to argue. Half the shit you said is half-assed assumptions that was cleared up days ago and you're making a bunch of unbacked claims which you still don't want to clear up.

I mean, honestly, you thought that shit was just scraping around like some shitty toy you own? Hilariously."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7055933 && dateTime=="07/17/18(Tue)19:30:06")

"Okay so what's the second most? Or best cost versus articulation one";

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==7055937 && dateTime=="07/17/18(Tue)19:33:52")

">>7055933
I’d say the 1000 toys synth."
;

}
}