public void refresh(a);

}
class Thread extends Board{
public void EmptyTitle(OP Anonymous){

String fullTitle = "EmptyTitle";
int postNumber = "1491738";
String image = "canyonlands_main_image.jpg";
String date = "11/07/18(Wed)08:41:50";
String comment = "I want to visit the US. I'm currently getting my drivers license and I will be 25 next February so I guess I can rent a car?. I always wanted to visit the South-West and get that Western feeling so I was thinking about flying into Salt Lake City and explore Utah

>Arches National Park
>Zion National Park
>Bryce Canyon National Park
>Canyonlands National Park
>Dead Horse Point State Park
>Escalante Grand-Staircase National Monument
>Capitol Reef National Park
and maybe a bit of Arizona
>Grand Canyon
>Monument Valley
>Antelope Canyon
>Horseshoe Bend

How much time would you need for that? I saw some travel blogs that give 2 weeks itineraries for Utah national parks so I guess 3 weeks would be ok?

But I wonder is it a good idea to do this solo or should I try to find other people to share the costs and because it might be boring alone

A car is like $30 in the US per day, can I just sleep in the car then or pitch a tent at the side of the road if I'm not close to a city or is that not allowed. Or are there even free campsites where I can take a shower in a river?"
;

}
public void comments(){
if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==1491806 && dateTime=="11/07/18(Wed)13:38:34")

">>1491738
an amazing list but would be a really busy 2 weeks and you would have to sacrifice some great hikes as well as some really cool diversions. not to mention you would probably be too exhausted to really enjoy the end of it. I would temper it down to three or four of those parks. when doing parks its better to think of the nights you need than the days. you want to get out early and make sure you have enough time to get back before dinner. zion needs at least 3 nights, grand canyon needs two nights, canyonlands needs 3 nights, ive never been to grand escalate but i know its MASSIVE. the hikes are amazing and surely the highlight, but there is something pretty great about sipping a coffee and reading a book in the shadow of a mountain on a rest day. road camping in hte US in not like new zealand or other "right to wonder" countries. that being said there are places you can pitch a tent off the beaten path. a great area for zion is the ironically named "main street" in apple valley utah near the Smithsonian butte and Graft Ghost town. I stayed in an airbnb while i was out there but we drove that road to the park everyday and there were always groups who pitched for the night."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==1491809 && dateTime=="11/07/18(Wed)13:43:02")

">>1491738
horse shoe bend is something you can spend less than an hour at. It's a bend. Pictures do it justice.

Antelope Canyon is very cool, you can get some great pictures there. It's also fairly busy but worth doing if you're in the area.

If I were you I'd try to get my list down a bit. You're going to want more than 2 days in each park. Particularly at Zion - I've done two trips up there at 3 and 4 days a piece and neither felt like enough. Bryce is great, so is Canyon lands. Cant speak on Dead Horse/Escalante or Capital Reef."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==1491813 && dateTime=="11/07/18(Wed)13:48:04")

">>1491809
dude zion is so amazing. did you do any of the permit trails? the subway was outrageously rewarding"
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==1491818 && dateTime=="11/07/18(Wed)14:05:49")

"I really want to travel the US. I'm planning to do an Amtrak trip, first I'll do the west coast route, and then the California Zephyr. I don't have a driver's license, generally it isn't a problem as I really want to do thosw two Amtrak routes and it doesn't seem to be a problem to get around the cities I want to see.

However, I'm seriously bummed about the prospect about not being able to visit a couple of national parks. I've found one place, it's Stehekin in the Northern Cascades, which can be reached by public transportation, the last leg is by boat. It seems like I can just rent gear and head over there and get the permits. Does anyone here have any experience with thar place?

My main question, though, is what would be the best way to arrange a meetup with some locals who have a car? I'd pay for the gas and so. I'm going to San Fran, Denver and Utah, so Yosemite, the parks mentioned in the OP and mountains near Colorado Springs or Denver would be places I'd want to go to. I thought about making a thread in some of the local subreddits (lol, reddit, I know), the meetup sites look really chaotic and it seems like a stretch to expect that to pan out.

I know people will tell me that the US without a car is shit, but it's really just the national parks bit that has got me worried, as I consider it to be kind of an "essential" part of a US trip. Would love any advice, I might make a thread at some point as well. I'll be travelling there in may/june"
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==1491838 && dateTime=="11/07/18(Wed)15:50:28")

">>1491738
>I saw some travel blogs that give 2 weeks itineraries for Utah national parks so I guess 3 weeks would be ok?

2 weeks is "I spent 2-3 hours per site" there, you'd be rushing just to beat locations off a map. America, and the southwest portion of it, is FUCKING HUGE. Roads aren't always straight, often 2 lanes so if any accident happens that part can be closed all day in some events."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==1491896 && dateTime=="11/07/18(Wed)18:42:06")

"Alright, I mapped it out a bit

1. Fly into Salt Lake City, drive to Zion National Park (4,5 hours)
2. Drive from Zion to Bryce (1,5 hours)
3. Bryce to Capitol Reef (2 hours)
4. Capitol Reef to Arches (2 hours)
5. Arches to Dead Horse (40 minutes)
6. Dead Horse to Canyonlands (20 minutes)
7. Canyonlands to Monument Valley (3 hours)
8. Monument Valley to Salt Lake City (6,5 hours)

Seems fairly straight-forward. That Escalante Grand looks a bit remote. There's also a couple of nice possible day trips from Salt Lake City

I'll try to see that I can make this a three week trip."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==1491900 && dateTime=="11/07/18(Wed)18:49:03")

">>1491818
i found road trip partners on local travel forums. it is pretty easy if you are going a) to normal tourist spots and b) are traveling in high season. just spam your plans on various forums and wait."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==1491913 && dateTime=="11/07/18(Wed)19:25:48")

">>1491896
Use Vegas airport but don’t forget the 1 hour time change"
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==1492002 && dateTime=="11/08/18(Thu)01:30:03" && image=="9exyzv5eaxw11.png")

">>1491738
March-ish is a good time. The weather is starting to warm up but you're not going to be dying of heatstroke as you desperately wish you'd brought another gallon of water.

Don't wait until summer. It's too hot to go wandering around in the desert then. People die when they do that.

With that big a list of places, take a month. You can see a bunch of Arches (motto: "the smallest national park") in just a couple of days or even one, but you'll want a bit more in the others.

You can camp if you want. Most (maybe all) NP's have campsites. A lot of them have facilities like showers and stuff."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==1492055 && dateTime=="11/08/18(Thu)04:18:33")

">>1491896
Might steal this for myself to do in 2020!
Cheers man."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==1492097 && dateTime=="11/08/18(Thu)06:30:28")

">>1491900
Could you give me some pointers to some of those forums?"
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==1492158 && dateTime=="11/08/18(Thu)11:14:04")

">>1492097
just google country X backpacking/road trip/etc forum. lonely planet thorntree, reddit, facebook. search for round the world trip travel forums. In my case i went to brazil and found people easily. it is extremely easy to find people, you are not the only one who wants to go to grand canyon etc"
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==1492253 && dateTime=="11/08/18(Thu)16:47:05")

"Make sure you're well prepared for hiking alone.

Sleeping in a rental car is a bad idea for that length of trip. Official camping sites get booked up in and around the national parks... so if you do want to do that, book early."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==1492300 && dateTime=="11/08/18(Thu)20:31:04")

">>1491738
I spent a week on the Arizona side of the GC going as far south as Sedona and I feel like I missed a bunch. But camping out of your car can save you time so you might be ok. Though I'd recommend finding a way to get a shower somewhere. Not all campsites have them, or have them active year-round.

Also, be prepared for long drives, you seem to have done your homework but foreigners to the US always seem surprised about how LARGE the country itself is and many of them can't stand to drive more than an hour at a time."
;

if(Maple Syrup && title=="" && postNumber==1492336 && dateTime=="11/08/18(Thu)22:12:46" && image=="E091_burnt_mywiener.jpg")

"Literally doing part of your route in two weeks. We are doing a small loop going east out of Vegas than doubling back and doing another small loop in California (Yosemite and Sequoia)

I've rented a camper van through escape rentals. There's a Groupon for their site that you may be able to utilise. We have 14 days and 2800 miles part of our package. Price was 650 USD.

Ill post some photos from the trip if the thread is still up in December.

Can't wait to get my hike on."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==1492419 && dateTime=="11/09/18(Fri)06:30:48")

">>1492253
I have hiked many times alone. I just would like to not spend more than $100 per day if possible that's why I was thinking about sleeping in the car and camping.

>>1492300
I've done a lot of traveling in Central and South America so I'm aware of the distances.

>>1492336
How much money do you think you will spend in those 14 days?"
;

if(Maple Syrup && title=="" && postNumber==1492543 && dateTime=="11/09/18(Fri)11:49:19" && image=="Turtle_Sex.jpg")

">>1492419
We are not going to be spending close to 100 a day. The van is paid for, all we need is gas and food and the odd park permit or hike permit. I can report what the total damage was when I return in December but we are aiming to keep the entire two weeks including the van rental under 800usd each."
;

if(Anonymous && title=="" && postNumber==1493221 && dateTime=="11/11/18(Sun)03:42:48" && image=="IMG_2014.jpg")

"You could definitely do this in 3 weeks. As far as camping goes you can camp for free on nearly any land owned by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) which owns most of the empty land you'll pass through. In Southern Utah at least much of this land is marked with signs by the highway which say "your public lands, managed by xxx field office", but those aren't everywhere. Best to map out spots in advance, to ensure you don't accidentally camp out on private property. If you're out in the wilds you may not ever be noticed but Americans are very protective of their property bounds. Also be aware that in National Parks you usually can't camp outside of designated areas which often fill up quick in popular seasons. Most parks are surrounded by BLM or National Forest land with more or less unrestricted camping though. Bathing in rivers would be difficult being as the environment there is so arid there are few water sources, major interstate highways often have truck stops where you can pay to take a shower but your route wont put you on any of those I dont think, so stock up on deodorant!

Another thing I'd note is that the Utah is very culturally distinct from the southwest in general. Utah was settled by and remains mostly populated by white mormons, who historically kept very much to themselves and avoided much of the Mexican and Native American influence which defines Arizona and NM. Of course, it still has plenty of cowboys and such, but once you're there you'll notice a clear difference between "southwestern" and just "western" culture, with Utah being mostly the latter. Personally I prefer Arizona desu, Southern Utah is VERY worth seeing though, your itinerary is wonderful.

Also-Unless you really want to see SLC, fly into Vegas and stop at Valley of Fire on the way to UT. So beautiful and few crowds. Avoid Vegas itself though, it's a chintzy fucking dump.

t. Used to live on the doorstep of Grand Staircase/Escalante"
;

}
}