String image = '1713942085983022.jpg';
String date = '04/24/24(Wed)03:01:25';
String comment = '>go to art school expecting to do and learn art
>get bombarded with endless essays to write
I'm tired'
;

}
public void comments() {
if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7144451 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)03:21:01') {

'I'll write your essay for you.

Post the assignmetn sheet'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7144456 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)03:39:38') {

'>>7144440
assuming this is true, I hope you realize that this little magical moment in time when you can "study art" it is something that will go away pretty soon. And harsh reality will come crumbling down on you like a house of bricks, destroying your life and turning your existence into a living hell.
So you better enjoy this brief span of time, make it count, meet people, have fun with the community at hand, use your time to practice art, whenever you can, you won't have this time to do that ever again. Teachers can't teach you "how to be an artist", you either "have it" or you don't. The teachers and the institution are there to provide a place and time for you to prove yourself that you're what you wish you can be. That's it. You will "learn" more every time you come home and start sketching sheet after sheet till you pass out. "Teachers" can't do that for you, only YOU can grab a pencil and draw till you make it. Teachers will try to fill your head with information. That's all they can do.
Don't waste this moment in time anon, make it count. You will have enough time ahead to hate your life. At least now you can make some fun memories and moments with art friends. Don't wast it.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7144459 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)03:44:15') {

'>>7144440
Then leave?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7144486 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)04:22:30') {

'>>7144440
>>go to art school expecting to do and learn art
Do people unironically go to school in hopes of becoming an artist? LMAO
there are thousands of books you could've torrented for free and learned how to do art, instead of taking on debt and learning pretentious pseudo art.
Loomis is right there bro.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7144511 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)05:03:01') {

'>>7144440
use chat gpt
I use AI to write my emails at work and nobody can tell'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7144545 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)05:43:46') {

'>>7144440
Leave immediately.
t. Wasted two semesters in art school not learning anything'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7144708 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)10:59:57') {

'>>7144440
There's never really been a way to "teach" art, it's almost like trying to teach writing. You just have to fucking do it over and over until you get it.
If you have lots of dedicated 1-on-1 critique time with a pro artist who's willing to go over all your work then that can speed up the process a lot, but the average art school teacher doesn't have a lot of time and probably isn't that good at drawing to begin with.
So, yeah, may as well just write a bunch of essays because what else are you gonna do in school? You can draw on your own time lmao.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7144710 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)11:01:11') {

'>>7144511
What kind of fucking job do you have where you can get away with this?
My emails need to have actually correct information in them so people can use them to make our software run correctly, if I just sent people AI bullshit then people would catch on real fast.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7144729 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)11:23:30'  && image=='give up.png') { }

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7144752 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)12:07:13') {

'>>7144710
I'm neet and need to come up with excuses to not leave my room for my mum'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7144754 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)12:13:31'  && image=='ARB.jpg') {

'Drop out before it's too late. Exchange info with any of the other students who look like they're decent';

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7144756 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)12:14:46'  && image=='ASK.jpg') {

'I compiled these statements a decade ago and they still speak truth today. Stop giving these vampires your time or your money.';

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7144758 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)12:18:53'  && image=='Bahi JD.gif') {

'undefined';

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7144804 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)13:09:44') {

'>>7144451
nah thats ok I've done them already I'm mostly just disappointed about what its done to my drive
>>7144456
>. Teachers can't teach you "how to be an artist", you either "have it" or you don't. The teachers and the institution are there to provide a place and time for you to prove yourself that you're what you wish you can be. That's it. You will "learn" more every time you come home and start sketching sheet after sheet till you pass out. "Teachers" can't do that for you, only YOU can grab a pencil and draw till you make
I know I already do this on my own as for the friends part I try but a lot of art school students are too quirky and energetic for me
>>7144486
>Do people unironically go to school in hopes of becoming an artist? LMAO
I went to do animation I was practicing it on my own before but I was worried that if I ever applied to work in the industry I wouldn't fully know whats expected of me in that environment so I thought going to school would be a good way to learn more
>>7144545
>>7144754
I've thought about it but any time I bring up subject my family get all touchy and defensive about it especially my mother so I'll just push through'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7144877 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)14:29:23') {

'almost through my sophomore year at an art school. I knew it would be a joke going in-- but my entire family would see me as a failure if I didn't go to college, and all my time in high school went towards art so I could only get good scholarships to art schools.

but gods, it's so much worse than I even thought. anything but conceptual/activist gallery art is sneered at by the faculty. every time I've asked for help developing a concept art/entertainment design portfolio for a studio job, they try to push me out of commercial arts alltogether because I guess wanting to be part of a production makes me a fascist.

still have yet to take a painting or drawing class here because no one teaching the department can draw or paint.

my portfolio is no better than when I got here because all the bullshit they have me making is unusable, and I have no free time between classes and my retail job.

the only thing that keeps me here is the friends I've made an an excuse to be in a city away from my family, who will probably disown me if I don't get a degree.

seriously anons, don't do this if you don't have to. use free resources online. go to live figure drawing sessions and maybe some workshops. all of that has been so much more fruitful for me than anything I've gotten here.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7144914 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)15:08:13') {

'>finally decided to go to art school
>didn't get enough financial aid
This sucks.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7144927 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)15:17:37') {

'>>7144451
20 double-spaced pages on why or why not Loomis is a pretentious faggot with eight peer-reviewed sources. Due next Monday.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7144965 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)15:54:34') {

'>>7144877
to be honest, your professors are kinda right.

Art made for a studio is not really art.

The ultimate path is for an artist to carve out their own audience, through the merits of their own work.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145016 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)16:44:29') {

'>>7144965
sure, but that's not really the core of their message. what they're trying to tell me is that I should stop learning how to draw and start churning out contemporary bullshit for pretentious galleries. which is A. not relevant to the kind of art I make and B. not a viable career options for those who are not nepo babies.

of course I want to make art for myself and gain an audience of people who like it... but I'm not at art school so I can learn how to FEEL like an artist-- that comes on my own time. I'm here to gain professional skills so that I can afford to eat if I'm not one of the few lucky ones able to spend my life making whatever I want backed by patreon supporters. and I really don't think that's a lot to ask from an academic institution who's sucking up thousands of my dollars.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145114 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)18:40:17') {

'>>7144754
Jim Lee gave himself a year before applying to med school to learn how to draw and broke into the industry a year later'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145124 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)18:52:58') {

'>>7144710

I dunno, my job encourages using AI tools for writing emails and use quick templates. I’m still typing up the email but use AI to rewrite the entire thing so that it’s neat and tidy and more corporate sounding. Basically the AI just reduces the stress of needing to come up with shit you wouldn’t normally say.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145125 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)18:54:16') {

'>>7144511
People have always been cheating on this stuff with or without ai, but if you actually like art you should want to do the research. You didn’t go to art school just to grind loomis heads, did you?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145301 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)22:59:34') {

'>>7144804
Your mom doesn't know shit, drop out and don't tell her. This is your life not hers, get a part time job or switch to trade school. You'll be paying for that degree for the rest of your life either in money, time or both, and have nothing to show for it. Join a a bunch of facebook groups and scope out the kind of begtards with degrees you see on there. Get the fuck out of there and worry about clueless boomer seething later'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145330 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)23:49:46') {

'>>7144877
Does this school have a four letter abbreviation?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145336 && dateTime=='04/25/24(Thu)00:03:46') {

'>>7144440
You never needed a degree, just skill and portfolio, and connections. Drop out, and practice, maybe trespass and sneak into classes and network, idk I dig ditches.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145342 && dateTime=='04/25/24(Thu)00:11:33') {

'>>7144710
i worked in student copy/print and found a coworker’s gpt tab, she used it for every email and ran every inquiry through for a response and quote. tbf she could barely comprehend if the $ symbol goes before or after or the difference between 4” and 4’. the clients tended to be equally dim'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145344 && dateTime=='04/25/24(Thu)00:15:02') {

'>>7145330
yeah lol.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145355 && dateTime=='04/25/24(Thu)00:26:01') {

'>>7145344
I think we're in the same school same grade same situation lol. small world

i've been taking random classes that seem useful to me and might potentially give me a skill or allow me to work on portfolio stuff. animation, comics, next year going into 3d stuff. But lmfao its fucking ridiculous because even in these classes that might be useful, digital is frowned upon or outright banned and dozens of hours and hundreds of dollars are wasted on buying materials and doing it the traditional way.

In hs i was churning out a piece every 2 weeks for AP portfolio. Now i haven't been able to finish a portfolio tier piece since fucking november. trudging through 10 page paper assignments and slideshows and even an imaginary gallery setup assignment. My work is never going to be in a gallery and I don't want it to be.

I don't know about you but i've met a few people who are also into commercial stuff. none of them are particularly talented but they're all in the same boat. I used to think i was better than everyone at this school because i thought they would go nowhere selling their period blood collages at craft shows but now I'll probably be in the same situation in two years. I also used to think i was ahead of people my age but now when i see the work of people who are going to calarts or artcenter I feel like i'm light years behind.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145364 && dateTime=='04/25/24(Thu)00:45:35') {

'>>7145355
no kidding, I think you're right. I haven't taken any of the animation classes yet but I did hear they're taught by fossils who make you do everything on paper lmfao.

next year I'm also going into 3D that's nuts. ...Does the prof's first name start with a P? I'm at least kind of hopeful about the department because my friend has had a good experience with it even if a bit new media-y.

artcenter was my dream school and I used to wonder how the fuck people met the portfolio requirements to get in. realizing that almost no one goes there fresh out of hs has made me feel a lot better about it lol, not that I'll likely ever get the chance to go anyway.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145377 && dateTime=='04/25/24(Thu)01:00:19') {

'>>7145364
the problem with the intro to animation class is that it seems to be a prerequisite for a lot of other classes. That's why i'm taking it. the class has been useful in learning some techniques (I also cope by saying the amount of drawing is making my line quality better lul) but every day i think that it would be so much fucking easier to use digital and that learning hand drawn shooting techniques is only helpful for making bullshit no profit indie animations, at least for the people in the class who are going to pursue it as a career.

not taking 3d directly next semester but the following semester i will. I hope your professor ends up being good!

and yeah. i also wonder where i would've been artwise had i gone elsewhere. Definitely in a better place.

i don't want to get too personal so don't share this info if you don't want to. But what other classes are you planning on taking/have you took? i saw you haven't taken any painting or drawing classes. don't. Lmfao.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145388 && dateTime=='04/25/24(Thu)01:24:37') {

'>>7145377
next sem I'm taking a 3d class, a story boarding class, and a painting class. I know you said not to take the painting classes but I got some good recs from post-grads lol.

before that I took some game dev stuff and the pre req for it.I mostly really regret all of it because it was pretty much a disorganized waste of my time.
the only classes I've really gained anything from have been with one really good hidden gem professor. I lucked out by taking her figure drawing/anatomy class first sem and am now in her advanced version. besides that I don't really have any recs unfortunately haha. I'm probably just going to keep doing 3D and painting, maybe dabble in animation/comics.

and yeah I wish I could talk to you on something else so I could be more specific, but all my online handles are connected to my real name somehow and I don't want to open the floodgates'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145461 && dateTime=='04/25/24(Thu)04:42:27'  && image=='1712624539393245.png') {

'>>7144440
Art history in a nutshell'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145853 && dateTime=='04/25/24(Thu)14:28:24') {

'>>7145388
does this storyboarding class's prof have a name starting with s?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7146001 && dateTime=='04/25/24(Thu)16:52:24') {

'>>7145853

yeahhh. I heard she’s kind of a huge hardass but that she’s actually really helpful and redlines student work. do you have experience with her? I’ve gotten such mixed reviews so I’m nervous lol'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7146220 && dateTime=='04/25/24(Thu)20:50:57') {

'>>7146001
no experience because im taking her class next semester too ...
Actually crazy, idk if you wanna tell me this either but what day are you taking the class...?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7146238 && dateTime=='04/25/24(Thu)21:01:52') {

'>mfw ive failed the same art history class twice and have to take it a third time';

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7146256 && dateTime=='04/25/24(Thu)21:12:02') {

'>>7146220
dude you're kidding hahaha. I'm taking it monday/wednesday evenings. technically still waitlisted for it but I'll most likely be in the class bc I'm 2nd and she told me to just show up'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7148872 && dateTime=='04/28/24(Sun)07:44:09') {

'>/ic/ thread leads to two RISD students uniting in their disillusionment and disappointment of art school
Perhaps the genesis of the next great avant-garde art group that captures the zeitgeist of the youth'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7148956 && dateTime=='04/28/24(Sun)10:35:27') {

'My friend went to Art Center and even after 3 years her work is /beg/-tier at best. Did any of you fags go there? wtf happened? I thought it was one of few decent places left where you could actually learn';

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7148961 && dateTime=='04/28/24(Sun)10:38:10') {

'>>7144729
The gooncave is down the road, sir.
>>>/trash/'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7148971 && dateTime=='04/28/24(Sun)10:43:20') {

'>>7144440
the only reason to go to an Art school is so you can teach art with the degree.
they think you can learn art by studying artists that came before you, but their success came because of the time period they were in.
now that we have a filter on a computer to make art (AI), we're going to see a throwback to the traditional media, but don't expect schools to teach you that because art is ultimately meaningless and valueless in a vacuum'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7149026 && dateTime=='04/28/24(Sun)11:32:47'  && image=='c1472e211c2c2fa8e2880cf352a7ad4e.jpg') {

'I went to school for art and there was so much writing, honestly felt like I spent more time writing about making art than I did actually making art. Ironically school was a set back for me skill-wise cause I never had time for personal art. I am decent at writing essays now at least.
Around my junior year I really wanted to drop out, but when I talked to anyone about this they would tell me to stay, "you've come this far" and "a useless degree is better than no degree", that kinda stuff. Now I really wish I hadn't listened to them and gone with my gut.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7149053 && dateTime=='04/28/24(Sun)11:53:25') {

'writing is another form of art, anon.';

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7149063 && dateTime=='04/28/24(Sun)12:03:55') {

'>>7144440
>go to art school
that's your mistake for getting meme hobby degree.'
;

}

if(OP && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7151666 && dateTime=='04/30/24(Tue)17:41:08') {

'Well I've finished my semester now guess I'll use my summer to think it over on whether or not I should continue
>>7149026
Honestly my dilemna almost sounds exactly like yours'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7151669 && dateTime=='04/30/24(Tue)17:47:26') {

'>>7144440
I want to go to art school but they said I am not creative enough
Give me ideas for my portfolio and be more creative'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7151785 && dateTime=='04/30/24(Tue)19:48:02') {

'>>7151669
what are you going to study you could try tailoring it to that'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7152102 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)01:51:26') {

'>>7144440
You getting a BFA or an FA?

BFA will have less liberal arts (writing) classes. Either way, you will have SOME amount of writing classes, that's required in every accredited university for any subject.

Is there any way to see your degree plan? At my university I can see generally what classes I will take when, and see how many credits I need in each catagory. Are you front-loading general ed classes? Maybe later on there will be less of them to take.

Or are your actual art classes requiring essays for some reason?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7152143 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)03:18:09') {

'>>7151669
>Give me ideas
Seems like you’re too uncreative, anon.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7152228 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)06:46:52') {

'>>7151666
depending on your year/semester/school you are probably restricted to fundamental classes/didactic lectures/irrelevant core courses until you pass a portfolio review. make sure you're on a path that allows you to take classes you want once you move up. you will not have a fun time if you are doing interdisciplinary studies or art education, the classes are notoriously lesser quality than their equivalents in other arts degrees and are an exercise in verbosity. shitty courses are usually a prerequisite to weed people out of the wrong major but check your prereqs to make sure you'll qualify for the actual artmaking classes and fun topics you want in the end
>>7144877
graduated last semester but i can relate. my profs were constantly on my ass saying my illust work was too commercial to the point of being called stubbornly rebellious during crit, but outside of that context they enjoyed it and bought prints/originals after i graduated. gallery types can't stand not being behind a wall of protective irony or abstraction'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7152311 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)08:26:13') {

'>>7152143
pls hepl
>>7151785
animation and I really have no idea what to do'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7153081 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)19:36:46') {

'>>7146238
Lucky, I just failed my art history class for the third time.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7153164 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)20:36:57') {

'>>7144440
Former Art Student, let me tell you: [spoiler]You are wasting your life, all you gonna learn from art schools is being a good useful idiot for wokeness and other junk, and they wont teach you shit to learn to draw.[/spoiler]'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7153441 && dateTime=='05/02/24(Thu)02:32:08') {

'I'm 32 so this question is purely academic since going to school isn't on the table for me now. But what about something like https://www.wattsatelier.com/#in-person ? Are these trash too? Feels like shelling out for the equivalent of an art boot camp would be a better investment than a degree.';

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7153639 && dateTime=='05/02/24(Thu)09:41:16') {

'>>7144804
>I've thought about it but any time I bring up subject my family get all touchy and defensive about it especially my mother so I'll just push through
never understood this mentality. every time you argue against an popular narrative/opinion most people always seem get irritated/upset.
It's not like you are insulting their family, ran over their cat or something. they never give any real rebuttal either. Their responds are always a mix of calling you a weirdo, saying you are going to regret it or trying to shame you for daring to have an opinion of your own.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7154944 && dateTime=='05/03/24(Fri)16:38:10') {

'>>7152311
You could try doing some character designs, storyboards and maybe a short animatic nothing special just a few seconds long try mixing it with other stuff though like life drawing and maybe some paintings
>>7153639
the thing that baffles me though is that my brother whos around 10 or 15 years older than me went to same school and got the same degree although not the same major and all he's ever been able to get with it is high school teacher jobs and has to work 2 other jobs to make ends meet yet for some reason she's adamant that it'll somehow be different with me this time.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7155014 && dateTime=='05/03/24(Fri)17:51:13') {

'>>7145461
Art history is valuable, you slut. You would think learning about the history of design in furniture is the highest bullshit until you can parse the details of and draw a period correct room from memory (You have to wait a few years to forget the pain and only keep the fun knowledge though) It's the real degree filler that gets you. Like 15 hours a week of class+lab+assignments studying rocks to fill a science GE, or doing high school stuff again.

To OP, if you're getting studio classes (or will get them soon) and you're fulfilled in those, you should stick with it. You have many years ahead of you spent sitting in front of a computer, but between all the hit or miss classes you'll be forced to do things you'll probably die without doing if you were on your own.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7155033 && dateTime=='05/03/24(Fri)18:30:46'  && image=='lumi Whitegirl.png') {

'>>7145461
should have gotten a psychology degree'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7155098 && dateTime=='05/03/24(Fri)20:10:23') {

'>>7144440
>>7144877
Do these art schools really don't offer any technical courses that relates to art like background, concept art, anatomy, etc?
Even art history?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7155138 && dateTime=='05/03/24(Fri)20:47:27') {

'>>7144877
>>7145330
Say the name of the school, I'm very curious where this kind of shit happens at'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7155143 && dateTime=='05/03/24(Fri)20:53:29') {

'>>7155138
>>7148872
Oh never mind, lel.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7155149 && dateTime=='05/03/24(Fri)21:03:04'  && image=='1643977842475.jpg') {

'>>7144754
>Exchange info with any of the other students who look like they're decent
haha'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7155151 && dateTime=='05/03/24(Fri)21:07:12') {

'>>7144754
>>7144756
This is so old and still true today.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7155771 && dateTime=='05/04/24(Sat)13:57:46') {

'>>7154944
oof she sounds possesive, sorry for you'
;

}

}
}