public void goToBottom();

}
class Thread extends Board {
public void Serious question(OP Anonymous) {

String fullTitle = 'Serious question';
int postNumber = 7144481;
String image = '1713946605595523.jpg';
String date = '04/24/24(Wed)04:16:45';
String comment = 'What would it exactly take for the west to make their own "anime/manga industry" (in terms of how it's structured, not copying everything wholesales btw) without failing right off the bat?

Nobody cares about capeshit comics anymore and most image/indie series are even nicher than niche manga, not to mention that I doubt America will ever produce something like Patlabor 2 or Macross: Do You Remember Love? despite Arcane and ATLA being good for what they were.'
;

}
public void comments() {
if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7144540 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)05:40:50') {

'>>7144481
what would it take for my dick to grow 3 inches overnight? Because thats a more reasonable outcome than the shit you just said'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7144636 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)08:35:55') {

'An AI thread died for this no draw thread';

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7144641 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)08:51:08') {

'>>7144481

Mass relentless immigration from China. Chinese immigrants set up studios. Hoyoverse has a US branch of operations.

Basically a demographic change is the only way.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7144647 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)08:58:39') {

'>>7144481
Privatization of animation studios instead of them being a tumor attached to broadcasting companies.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7144650 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)09:01:23') {

'>>7144647
To add, it's the same reason manga is mogging capeshit comics. In muttland, there's like 2-3 massive companies producing all the slop, in japland it's individual artists/studios competing with each other for a spot in a magazine/publisher, which is the very structure that encourages and rewards hard work and creativity to stand out from the slop.
Meanwhile in muttland artists are nobodies, no one gives a shit about your OC, you are fighting other drones for a spot at Cartoon Network, or some other mass conglomerate only to be a souless cog in their machines because they are not looking for talent, only sweatshop workers to push the slop designed by the powers that be.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7144867 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)14:11:14') {

'>>7144647
Didn't know Disney was a public institution... what the fuck do you mean with "privatization"?
On the contrary, law and government should tear apart into pieces these huge handful of cancerous corporations steering the wheel of american culture right into the iceberg.
Unruly and totally unregulated private sector created this dystopian fuck fest we are witnessing today.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7144921 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)15:13:17') {

'>>7144867
Guess the word I was looking for is independent. Instead of disney owning dozens of animation studios and mandating what they should produce to fit their brand, let smaller studios do their own thing and then the big guys choose who gets broadcast, but otherwise have little to no input on the creation.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7144923 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)15:14:18') {

'>>7144636
Not the heckn boterino, not my heckn Johnny Five.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145041 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)17:18:45') {

'>>7144481
The dissolvment of the big 2 then a complete restructuring of how production works in the west so animation productions aren't held hostage by major studios'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145175 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)19:36:27'  && image=='IMG_2140.jpg') {

'>>7144481
There’s a whole slew of cultural issues.

Manga exists because of manga magazines like Jump!
comic books already are logistically a failure and print media is failing; the only reason manga works is because the population of the country is concentrated in navigable urban centers where distribution is feasible and economical, and manga is printed black and white on cheap-ass paper
america is way too huge and there’s this bizarre insistence on color art and high-grade paper, all of which drive up costs to make a weekly magazine unfeasible

also americans would never tolerate the inhuman tight deadlines that mangaaka have to meet each week. They’d protest and strike.

also let’s say that you could distribute the magazine across the country: how are kids going to get them? people in japan use public transportation and can grab a mag out of any media stall or convenience store and read it before school even starts on the train
how is a kid in Arkansas going to keep up with his favorite story with all the other kids when the ride to-and-from school is AN HOUR??

also, and I hate that this is a reality, the comic scene in the US is currently being diluted by untalented hacks or at worst though rarer political interests.

and whole manga has blown up in the us, there’s still not a sizeable enough market to make it work. even if it did, why not just have Jump! fill the void?

it just doesn’t make since and isn’t feasible'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145182 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)19:41:15'  && image=='IMG_2152.jpg') {

'>>7145041
the reason why comics coalesced in the us to solely revolving around capeshit is because of political backlash.

before the 1950s the american comic book scene was more similar to how varied manga is today. there were horror and adventure and, most popular, romance comics, and they were read by ALL ages, not just kids

but then there was a puratanical politival scare that claimed comic books were turning kids into deviants, and the newly created comics code authority killed comic books because rhe only thing that could get the seal on their covers were watered-down kids shit ie: superheroes

again, the child market fucking ruined everything, just like it’s currently ruining youtube'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145188 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)19:47:42') {

'>>7145041
Well, you're better off defeating them by living a better life.
>>7144481
Fundamentally, You'll have to change your delivery system before you consider the productions. Marvel and DC got their start mostly in dense cities like Manga being sold in their dense cites.

"MUH WALKABLE CITIES"

Yes, obviously you fucking retards. Hate on the meme all you want, but American comics and pulps were sold on news stands, mom and pop soda shops, corner drug stores, and grocery stores where people walked. Manga sells well because they're sold in dense Japanese cities where every damn corner store houses some magazines and comics.

If you were to start selling comics you'd have to build your own App and sell digitally because you're just not going to get the level of physical sales unless you start shaking a lot of hands with local gas stations, and they'll likely won't stock a literal whos comics where some retarded woman will make a fuss about your weird shit your selling because its not donald duck or spider-man. So you're going to have to deliver your mangas digitally. Most of your budget will be for marketing on social media sites since youre not going to get foot traffic like the old days. America just isn't built the same way. You're going to have to rely 100% on the internet to sell your comics.

As for anime, your manga is going to have to have a strict polling session to find whats good enough to get an animation, then stream it on your app, but yoru manga is going to be the start of the production pipeline before it enters there.

Now you can figure out how youre going to get the comics made. Good luck.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145190 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)19:48:12') {

'>>7145182
>but then there was a puratanical politival scare that claimed comic books were turning kids into deviants, and the newly created comics code authority killed comic books because rhe only thing that could get the seal on their covers were watered-down kids shit ie: superheroes
>again, the child market fucking ruined everything
sounds like what happened with action cartoons which lead to their death after 2012/13'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145203 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)20:00:32') {

'>>7144636
Based.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145209 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)20:04:02') {

'>>7145175
>also americans would never tolerate the inhuman tight deadlines that mangaaka have to meet each week. They’d protest and strike.

This pretty much, Americans don't work like they used to and you'll pick up some grifters making twitter posts about how "bad the industry" is.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145227 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)20:25:16') {

'>>7144650
i mean manga has tons of slop too, but it's true that there's less incentive for creativity because the only people who pursue drawing capeshit are *really* into capeshit art. among that small population of artists a few of them might try to then publish their own non capeshit comics after a while.

id be curious too how the exploitation of comic vs manga artists differs too, while mangaka have insanely tight deadlines they do own their characters which means they get distribution rights. for comic book authors you are only ever paid a piece meal page rate that requires you to sell your soul at cons and offering drawing workshops to make ends meet no matter your skill level. Inkers are all below the poverty line I imagine.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145234 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)20:30:23'  && image=='IMG_2148.jpg') {

'>>7145209
it also doesnt help thaf all of american culture is designed to destroy creativity

art education is nonexistent or teaches students wrongly intentionally
this country is so obsessed with individualism systems are designed to make you feel better rather than improve for oneself and others

car culture gives most americans commute times that just rob hours that could have been spent drawing or at least doing anything else

ever seen a serious artist who’s fat? actually, bar that: have you seen an esports player, or a master chess/go player, or really any top academic who is obese? they don’t exist. because poor diet and no exercise kills the mind and renders it useless for critical thinking. american diet is super fatty and combined with americans’ sedentary lifestyle and car culture/unwalkable environments, over 40% of americans are obese. the FDA is the bitch of food companies who want to sell corn oil and sugar to 6 year olds with no concern for the human capital it will damage for future generations, and that’s ignoring the whole issue with carelessly greenlighting drugs left and right for big pharma.

this country isn’t just incompatible with a manga industry. it’s antithetical to any creative industry or serious culture. im surprised film is even powerful here, but for real itll never produce a good mangaka'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145506 && dateTime=='04/25/24(Thu)07:09:04') {

'>>7145227
Both have tight deadlines and work a shitton overtime, but for different reasons. Capeshitters do it because otherwise they get fired by big corpo, mangakas do it because, while it is fine to take breaks and skip publications (not being on jump or w/e for a few weeks is allowed, or even months like HxH), the problem is that, if your manga isn't in this week's issue, they will grab some rando's series to take its place, and if it does well in popularity polls it'll get a permanent slot (the way they work essentially is ~80% of slots are reserved for the popular mainstays, while the other 20% is cycling aspiring artists and one shots). So mangakas slave themselves willingly so their popularity doesn't tank and they get dropped from a magazine.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145514 && dateTime=='04/25/24(Thu)07:29:58') {

'>>7145234
>ever seen a serious artist who’s fat?
Yeah actually I've had several co-workers who were fat.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145515 && dateTime=='04/25/24(Thu)07:31:32') {

'>serious question
stopped there sage and hide bait threads'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7145590 && dateTime=='04/25/24(Thu)09:56:29'  && image=='1711398603406736.jpg') {

'You can
>compare japanese video games with western video games
>compare japanese cinema with western cinema
>compare japanese literature with western literature
>compare japanese vehicles with western vehicles
but as soon as you do anime or manga with their western equivalents, people try to change the discussion to literature and cinema mostly because western comics and cartoons(outside of possibly french ones) are light years behind anime. Anime from the 70s have no cartoons equivalents since they were doing HB crap in the 70s. Same with capeshit making for more than 80% of all american comics while battle shonen is 20% if not even less of all manga.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7146609 && dateTime=='04/26/24(Fri)05:23:14') {

'>>7144481
Start producing weekly works, stop colouring it and, most importantly, start taking more risks on IP.
The constant weekly stream of manga keeps you invested because their work never really leaves your mind. If I picked up an issue of superman, read it and enjoyed it I'll more then likely not pick up the next issue, not because I didn't like it but simply because the mild enjoyment I got wasn't enough to tide me over for a whole month. If it was weekly it would be a lot more foreword in my mind. Rare cases like Berserk or HxH can afford to take month long hiatuses because they are just that popular. Colouring work is a waste of time. It may look nicer (that's not even a given thing though) but the time wasted colouring is time the comic isn't in my hands and time it isn't in my hands is time I spend losing interest. Mangaka's are slowly killing themselves to pump out chapter every 1 or 2 weeks. Why? because they want to and pressure from their editors. There are obviously those who do it as a job but even then you have to have a level of interest in making manga to even consider the insane deadlines of the industry. I would have to be paid an insane amount of money for me to consider pumping out Capeshit reset #514673518164578 once a month because it's not something that interests me but if I would gladly take an offer to be payed a pittance, with the theoretical 20~ pages a week deadline so that I could have my idea put into some kind of publication and get a shot at making it big.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==7146796 && dateTime=='04/26/24(Fri)10:32:01') {

'>>7144481
Americans dont have time to read comics because our society is built on working for peanuts and then sedating ourselves with poison'
;

}

}
}