class Thread extends Board {
public void Pitch for a homebrew I'm working on, need feedback(OP Anonymous) {

String fullTitle = 'Pitch for a homebrew I'm working on, need feedback';
int postNumber = 92590353;
String image = '1713881906230878.jpg';
String date = '04/23/24(Tue)10:18:26';
String comment = '>WHFRP 2e clone/homebrew-ish
>no race to pick from
>Year is 1000 AD. A year that was predicted to bring about the end of the world.
>Something happens, but instead of ending the world, suddenly the fantasies, beliefs and ideas of humans become real.
>But so does some of the gods.
>The world's very way of functionning is put on its head, as it turns out archaic alchemy becomes real (and is a mechanic in game)
>most monsters are shit you'd find doodle'd on a medieval manuscript
>the current Church no longer works as an institution to properly attend to the matters of faith, but to record, contain and tame the magical and the unexplainable
>magic becomes a very potent thing, but cannot be used by players. It's actually up to them to stop corrupted noblemen or knights from using it to achieve the worst.
>most imaginary places come to exist; Avalon, Ys, Hyperboria, Atlantis, Cellwig, Saguenay, etc.
Is it too much like WoD or such a game already exist? I had this idea popping up in mind while reading the Black Dossiers of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
Alan Moore is fucked up in his head.'
;

}
public void comments() {
if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==92590365 && dateTime=='04/23/24(Tue)10:20:25') {

'>>92590353
>WHFRP (barebones shit, boring to play outside of casting)
>setting shit that doesn't matter, no mechanics mentioned blah blah blah
>players can't do magic
what's the point
why wfrp'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==92590384 && dateTime=='04/23/24(Tue)10:24:23') {

'>>92590365
>why wfrp
I like it'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==92590390 && dateTime=='04/23/24(Tue)10:25:28') {

'>>92590384
ok
I'm sure your homebrew will go about as well as your average game'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==92590404 && dateTime=='04/23/24(Tue)10:27:09') {

'>>92590390
I never really had any big problems running WHFRP.
Sometimes I'm just not sure why the game is so skub. Am I missing out on something better?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==92590406 && dateTime=='04/23/24(Tue)10:27:41') {

'>>92590353
You just need feedback on your idea? Come back when you have a fleshed out adventure set in the world. It can be a simple one-shot, but unless you have that, you're just asking us to critique your creativity.
Execution of an idea matters so much more.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==92590415 && dateTime=='04/23/24(Tue)10:28:42') {

'>>92590404
You're missing out on WFRP 4E if you're stuck in 2E'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==92590435 && dateTime=='04/23/24(Tue)10:32:45') {

'>>92590404
>Sometimes I'm just not sure why the game is so skub.
it's just boring to play as a non magic user
stand and attack until someone rolls a crit or waste your turns getting 10/30% to one of your turns when you stand and attack, waow what fun'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==92590450 && dateTime=='04/23/24(Tue)10:34:51') {

'>>92590406
What I had in mind as a starting adventure to test the waters was, essentially the party is going to be working on the account of the current church. And their entire point journey revolves around reaching a temple of an ancient roman god that is currently being occupied by alchemists. So on their way, they mostly get interrupted by locals or merchants who have a hand in this little cult. I was expecting them to depart from Lyonesse in Old France, and slowly make their way into southern Italy. Which means passing by the Alps. There are a few key spots I imagined could be good for a scenario, especially the mountainsides. I heard a lot of shit about them, people used to believe that shit too big for the plains dwelled in the mountains. I mostly just want the world to feel like "this is the normal real world, but something is not right", so to introduce people into the weird and folkloric newfound nature of the world. I also just want newbies to be able to tell where we are and having no need to know about lore and shit.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==92590552 && dateTime=='04/23/24(Tue)10:49:28') {

'>>92590353
>WHFRP
>homebrew
Hi, Daniel!'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==92591048 && dateTime=='04/23/24(Tue)11:52:47') {

'>>92590353
>Is it too much like WoD or such a game already exist?
Sounds more like Shadowrun but in the past than WoD. WFRP could do this, but 1000 is a bit early for the sort of society it intends to roughly depict. I assume you intend to modify to suit.

I would question the assumption that the Church no longer functions on matters of faith. If human beliefs arbitrarily become true on other matters, you'd expect God to be included in that.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==92591072 && dateTime=='04/23/24(Tue)11:55:38') {

'>>92590415
4e is not better than 2e, just different.
>>92590404
If you're looking for quasi-Renaissance adventures like WFRP does, Honor+Intrigue could also work. That one assumes 17th century by default but works easily for 16th. Combat is much more dynamic than average for WFRP, though unless you implement grimdark rules, PCs are also stronger by default.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==92591104 && dateTime=='04/23/24(Tue)11:59:32') {

'>>92590353
>make a setting full of cool shit
>the players can’t do any of it'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==92591117 && dateTime=='04/23/24(Tue)12:01:54') {

'This is just a quick skim of the Fantasia Arc, OP.';

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==92592460 && dateTime=='04/23/24(Tue)14:20:39') {

'>>92591048
Good point on the first half. I'm probably gonna retool the combat to be more melee focused and also not as, shall we say, narrow as it is in WHFRP, less I find another system that I could use. I like some good crunchy combat. To be frank, Bretonnia is pretty close to the general mood of 1000 AD Europe.
>I would question the assumption that the Church no longer functions on matters of faith. If human beliefs arbitrarily become true on other matters, you'd expect God to be included in that.
The idea is that your average king/nobleman finds people who just tell you to "pray the demon away" is less effective that the guy who actively uses some magic thingamajig to scoop the fucker in a bottle. The big G comes to exist, but in a very limited form, since he turned out to be an ancient Canaanite God of hunt turned monolastic figure of his messianic religion who orchestrated a whole lot of shit that happened in the last years of Antiquity. So he's not quite what the Church expected and he's not as powerful. Since he's also sharing the spot with the likes of Wotan/Odin, the Wendish Gods, the very last fragment of Sol Invictus, and the anti-thesises of himself. Angels and Demons are also now agents of fate and side with whoever has the rightest mind. Demons feed on ambitious people. Etc.

>>92591072
I'll check that out. I think I'll need something that exclude guns. I don't know yet. I'm more of an Early Modern Period guy than a Middle Ages one. I used the year 1000 because people really did believe the world was coming to an end. So it's more like an important date for this here setting than anything else.

>>92591104
Alchemy, Enchantments, interactions with the Fae folk, boons given by tbe Gods. I could probably include some of those weird monster things as playable "races". Maybe playable snails, that's an ancient ass meme.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==92593989 && dateTime=='04/23/24(Tue)16:55:51') {

'>>92591048
>like Shadowrun, but in the past
You're looking for Earthdawn.
Though, it's more of pre-bronze age collapse with slaver dwarves, !fallout shelters for magic and things from another reality.

>>92592460
Good show, that man. Keep us posted. Get that pdf online.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==92594181 && dateTime=='04/23/24(Tue)17:15:26'  && image=='Douce_Apocalypse_-_Bodleian_Ms180_-_p.025_Third_trumphet.jpg') {

'>>92590353
Pretty cool anon. I would enjoy this. I even considered something similar myself once.
I also considered creating a Mordheim-inspired region using the Wormwood prophecy as an excuse.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==92594253 && dateTime=='04/23/24(Tue)17:24:02') {

'>>92592460
>The big G comes to exist, but in a very limited form, since he turned out to be an ancient Canaanite God of hunt turned monolastic figure of his messianic religion who orchestrated a whole lot of shit that happened in the last years of Antiquity. So he's not quite what the Church expected and he's not as powerful.
This being a a quantifiable fact in setting would probably increase the size and power of gnostic cults throughout the known world.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==92595284 && dateTime=='04/23/24(Tue)19:45:25') {

'>>92593989
>Get that pdf online
It's only still a project, but if there's interest for it I could consider making it an open homebrew for people to partake in. I'm gonna try of some actual gameplay that could suit the premise of that particular setting. I'll keep you all updated. Though I'm gonna need a name so that you guys know it's me posting this. A name for the game, I mean. Maybe just... Project 1000 AD?

>>92594181
Hehe. I recall there being another book of strange events that depicted a bunch of weird stuff spotted across the world. Some of the imagery in there is very religious, but it's used to depict what's been agreed were normal astronomical events or some other stuff like that.

>>92594253
I don't know. I dunno if I wanna do the whole "Faith = Power" thing. It could get out of hand. Maybe cults could become like literal cults nowadays and be more like, strange fucked up groups of people trading with small gods.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==92596158 && dateTime=='04/23/24(Tue)21:46:20') {

'>>92590353
If you do this, and you decide to run something long-term with it, please have it set in Spain during a magical reconquista it'd be insanely kino.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==92596183 && dateTime=='04/23/24(Tue)21:49:21') {

'>>92595284
>I don't know. I dunno if I wanna do the whole "Faith = Power" thing
Oh yeah. Not what I meant.
I was saying because certain types of people may become aware that the deity of the Church isn't the Prime Mover of the universe, gnostic-type religions may become more appealing increasing their influence. I think there were still some around in the West in 1000AD's. Might have been some new related heresies too.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==92596747 && dateTime=='04/23/24(Tue)22:49:06') {

'>>92590353
The problem with it is you've placed it in 1000a.d. w/ a 2000a.d. scientific mindset. To most people in 1000a.d., magic and gods already existed. They were real things. If the church actually had an imp to trot out, instead of a midget, faith gets stronger not weaker. Also alchemy isn't exactly archaic in 1000a.d. It's just getting started. Again the distant realms of fantastical description already exist, to most of these people.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==92599396 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)07:29:34') {

'>>92596158
Definitely sounds kino. I'm gonna have to dig more into Spanish folklore. I was already thinking about adding the Fomorians and have them come back to wreck havoc in the whole world. And have them form alliances with the likes of Grendel's species or trolls. We'll see. I could totally see humans doing magical induced crusades though.

>>92596183
Hm. Makes sense.

>>92596747
I will admit this, I'm not too familiar with the history of alchemy beside the fact that it wasn't all fucked up shit and actually paved the way for true chemistry to take its place. It's also a philosophy or some other stuff like that.
In regards to the mindset of the people towards magical stuff, I don't exactly know how to handle it. See, here it's every human belief becoming somewhat true, but also being toned down or up enough so that it all makes sense. You can't have both God and Ymir being exactly the same if they both created the world as they saw fit. So you have to imagine priests, who's whole job is to tend to people's faith in God, suddenly having to explain that God isn't as powerful as he is, but he is the true deal and not the other just as real gods. I could definitely see people hailing their local deities as the true ones and that feeling being reinforced when they become real. Anyway, you have to imagine that, while their beliefs did become true, it also isn't quite like how they imagined. So it must impact their faith somehow, ya know?'
;

}

}
}