public void title() {

String fullTitle = '/3/';
}

public void menu();

public void board();

public void goToBottom();

}
class Thread extends Board {
public void Fan-Project: New adaptation of Kentaro Miuras Berserk in visual art direction of Arcane(OP Anonymous) {

String fullTitle = 'Fan-Project: New adaptation of Kentaro Miuras Berserk in visual art direction of Arcane';
int postNumber = 980185;
String image = '1712795173396976.png';
String date = '04/10/24(Wed)20:26:13';
String comment = 'Ladies and Gentlemen of /3/,

The next 4 upcoming years, i will spend every single day in the production for the pilot-episode of a new Berserk adaptation.
>Narrative - 100 % faithful to the Manga
>Art Style - inspired by Netflix Arcane (pic related)

Without any doubt: this project is a Behemoth, but i am dead serious about the production.

Truth to be told, i am lacking experience, which is why i created this thread in the first place.
I would like to know your opinion on certain topics - Roughly spoken about project-management, planing and execution.

I am not asking for direct involvement in the project - at least not until i proved myself with regular updates and progress that i am the real deal.'
;

}
public void comments() {
if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980186 && dateTime=='04/10/24(Wed)20:28:59') {

'Before you even begin you should provide proof that you're not Cris.';

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980188 && dateTime=='04/10/24(Wed)20:45:16'  && image=='image (7).png') {

'>>980186
>Prove you're not the defcope1 shizo gamedev with weaponized autism

I genuinely don't know how to even start this conversation...'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980284 && dateTime=='04/11/24(Thu)19:22:05'  && image=='file.png') {

'>>980185
god I am begging you. please do not fuck up the lighting by making everything lit'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980311 && dateTime=='04/12/24(Fri)02:05:51') {

'>>980185
Why not start an open source project? Make nice characters, exterior, interior, monster, weapons etc. models and animation tools/pre-sets For the public or atleast to a specific dedicated fans to use so others can help build scenes faster. You don't need to do it on your own.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980389 && dateTime=='04/12/24(Fri)23:03:35'  && image=='sketch-1712969033150.png') {

'>>980311
OP here. I absolutely agree with you. It's work in progress, but at first i need to get some priorities straight.

This his how proceeded up until now:

First, i needed to decide where's the starting point of the adaptation.
Under the consideration of past adaptations, i choose to make an adaptation of the Conviction Arc-Lost children Arc, starting at Chapter 90 of the manga.
This is a good and intriguing starting point for the story, because it shows Guts in the direct aftermath of the eclipse.

To realise this vision, i use each chapter of the manga as a reference for the creation of the story-/ moodboard.
To get to this point, i created a list of all the necessary 3d models/sculptures for each chapter, divided in:

>Characters + Clothing
>Props
>Creatures
>Landscape - environmentals (vegetation, geology)
>Housing

All the necessary 3D assets will be created in ZBrush and Maya.

This is where i am currently:
What follows next is the creation and attachment of reference sketches for the 3D models/sculps to the list.

After that, cooking really starts.
>ZBrush - creation of the base sculpt
>Maya - retopology
>ZBrush - sculpting details
>Maya - UV's mapping
>Maya - hair modelling

Before i reveal the next steps i'll take for the project, i would like to know if anyone would take a different approach?
Considering that i aim for the visual Art style of Arcane for this adaptation:
What should i bare in mind during the modeling process, to achieve this art direction as flawlessly as possible in the final render?
Furthermore, how would you proceed?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980393 && dateTime=='04/13/24(Sat)00:30:29'  && image=='sketch-1712981817300.png') {

'>>980389
Not gonna sugar-coat it. Before i burn out i will generate some reference sheets with AI.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980396 && dateTime=='04/13/24(Sat)01:34:47') {

'>>980393
Not gonna sugar-coat it. You will abandon this project soon.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980397 && dateTime=='04/13/24(Sat)03:13:52'  && image=='IMG_20240413_082417.png') {

'>>980396
>Not gonna sugar-coat it. You will abandon this project soon

I ain't even mad. It's up to me to prove that this project won't die in its Baby shoes.
I gave myself 4 years for the pilot episode. If i don't reach certain milestones in the project, i can't expect others to recognize the potential behind my vision.

So, if i suck and can't present solid progress in the next 1-2 years, i can't expect anyone else to hop on board.
Which means, i was never meant to realise this project in the first place.
However, i made an agreement with myself. Every day, i have to make progress, doesn't matter how small - even if it means that i only created one measley polygon for the day.

The least thing i can do is asking you, how you would proceed.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980411 && dateTime=='04/13/24(Sat)11:46:31'  && image=='5fa8aeb6a2dc70ed6c6516c8bda77dfd.jpg') {

'OP here.
I actually made quite the progress with the reference sheets. So far, i got the necessary references of all important 3D models in Chapter 90 & 91.

Which means, i can proceed with the next step and put this project on trial. Wish me luck.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980412 && dateTime=='04/13/24(Sat)11:51:39') {

'>>980397
Do you even have experience modeling, sculpting and animating characters?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980418 && dateTime=='04/13/24(Sat)12:33:51'  && image=='a37e456925816570b3a44c285b2b04ba.jpg') {

'>>980412
yes, but i never tried a project of such magnitude.
I already know that this is going to be a nightmare.

However, i want to follow through with it. I want to see with my own eyes, if a Berserk adaptation is possible in this art direction. It literally makes me restless.

Especially i wish to create this scene with a stylized textured model in harmony with a fitting 2D painted landscape.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980420 && dateTime=='04/13/24(Sat)13:26:43') {

'>>980418
gonna be honest here, it simply cannot be done, you're already using shortcuts by using AI cause you need reference sheets.

Studio Eclypse has been at it for years and they can barely put a teaser out, you'll be wasting your time, specially once you get to the animation part of things, it's just not doable.

Here's a trailer Studio Eclypse put out recently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOTKBuLAeBk'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980428 && dateTime=='04/13/24(Sat)14:41:10') {

'>>980418
then why not start here as a trial? that way you see the entire process end-to-end and refine your style faster, rather than designing all your references and models as you are now and having to redo a lot when you find out they're not what you had in mind'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980430 && dateTime=='04/13/24(Sat)14:47:22') {

'>>980412
I may not have the proper know-how to get the job smoothly done, but i'll be damned if i don't give it shot and try my best.
Fortiche showed us with Arcane the newest heights of animation.

Now, just imagine an interpretation of Miuras Panels with the capabilities of Arcanes animation style.

Imagine the following scene with Fortiches art direction:
Dusk in a peaceful forest, that looks like a hand-painted canvas. We get a glimpse of nature in its beauty. Pure Harmony between the forest and its animal inhabitants...
And then,
the fever dream starts.
A man runs through the forest, disturbing all peace and harmony. With an unstoppable force, the man runs barefoot through the forest in complete disregard of casualties. His upper body is completely wrapped up in bandages. He is missing his left arm. In his right hand - bandages which used to seal the wound of the missing right eye.. He runs like a maniac while his eye socket bleeds. He trips and falls down the terrain, losing the bandages of his upper body revealing all his scars.
A traumatized Guts runs through the forest, reliving in his mind the nightmare of the eclipses aftermath. While he runs like he's hunted by demons, flashbacks haunt him of all his dearest comrades who were slaughtered during the eclipse. With each flashback his soul gets shattered. You can read in his face that he's on the brink of losing his mind. Unspeakable madness is torturing him. He's trapped in a loop, living through the horrors of the eclipse over and over again, while the pace of his thoughts escalate with each step.
Running, reliving trauma, losing his mind, running, reliving trauma, losing his mind, running, reliving trauma, losing his mind...
Until he finally snaps due overstimulation.
Blackout.
The next moment Guts slowly regains his consciousness is during nighttime. He's exhausted, catching breath and lying down in a field.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980431 && dateTime=='04/13/24(Sat)14:51:16') {

'>>980430
Cool dream but Fortiche isn't one guy'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980434 && dateTime=='04/13/24(Sat)15:24:13'  && image=='OIG4 (6).jpg') {

'>>980420
>gonna be honest here, it simply cannot be done, you're already using shortcuts by using AI cause you need reference sheets.

I don't understand your argumentation. Look at this reference sheet. Explain to me why this isn't good enough as a reference sheet, for sculpting the body? Only because it's AI?

>Studio Eclypse has been at it for years and they can barely put a teaser out, you'll be wasting your time, specially once you get to the animation part of things, it's just not doable.

So... Why exactly shouldn't it be possible to create an adaptation, that uses stylized textured 3D models with 2D backgrounds? If it worked with Arcane, why wouldn't it work with Berserk?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980438 && dateTime=='04/13/24(Sat)15:58:29'  && image=='Charakterdesign.jpg') {

'>>980428
>then why not start here as a trial?
Honestly. Because i am fucking retarded and didn't see the forest for the trees.
I literally didn't know it any better and now that you mention it, it makes way more sense.

It sounds silly, but that's actually the kind of feedback i was looking for and why i created the thread in the first place.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980439 && dateTime=='04/13/24(Sat)16:36:06') {

'You know what, this what /3/ should be like. Threads based on projects. The cool ones will be kept alive, the others will die if they are not.
The board is so slow that it would be a good thing I think.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980447 && dateTime=='04/13/24(Sat)17:35:31'  && image=='ce94d6ed-0407-49db-805c-6c4f09c1876b.jpg') {

'>>980431
True. They were a gaming studio with 5 employees and had to restructure into a animation studio with 200-300 employees.
On business perspective, they were on a spot of uncertainty. They took a huge risk with the project and it took them 10 months to create the first episode of Arcane. Why? Because they needed to figure out an art-direction, that didn't explode their budget, but still held up to their standard. As basically a new business in a risky spot, they needed to figure out and adapt to a completely new workflow, while also pass final judgment about the narrative they want to tell - for a "do or die" project, that ended being a masterpiece (despite being related to LoL)

Do you get my point?
Fortiche wasn't in the best spot. They had to figure a lot of things out, without compromising too much on their vision.

Lucky for me, i am not in such a position. I know exactly which story i like to tell. I have no financial obligation to investors and thanks to Fortiche - i know exactly which art-direction i want to head with. I do this out of passion, because Kentaro Miuras Berserk finally deserves a proper adaptation.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980453 && dateTime=='04/13/24(Sat)18:55:21') {

'>>980430
I've seen a lot of people like you, they equate the desire to do something with the ability to actually execute an idea.

In other words you may have the vision but you lack the skill to realize it.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980456 && dateTime=='04/13/24(Sat)19:03:42') {

'>>980453
Kek, he is the type of person you don't want to be near with at work. I can also add this is the kind of person you most definitely would not want to hire in any company whatsoever.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980473 && dateTime=='04/13/24(Sat)21:49:53'  && image=='3969357f-a64e-4709-9cd6-1d7ae07c0f9b.jpg') {

'>>980453
>>980456
OP here. Kek. You're stating the obvious which was never meant to be a secret. Why do you think does this thread exist in the first place?
I'm well aware of my skill issue. I just wasted 30 min on ZBrush, because i forgot to deactivate "enable customize" and went haywire against the UI. I literally send dynamesh into oblivion and lost all control.
Then i reseted the UI, realised that i made everything worse, accepted defeat, changed to Maya and restarted sculpting.

However. I am dead serious about the project. Look. Even the circumstances of my life have been adjusted, so i can create this project.
In September i am going study "3D Animation and Game Arts". Right now i am preparing for university.
The Berserk Adaptation is 100 % going to be the real deal because It's literally my bachelor thesis.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980503 && dateTime=='04/14/24(Sun)04:48:05'  && image=='sketch-1713081808278.png') {

'Another day of making progress.

Little update:
Yesterday, i failed spectacularly with and against ZBrush.
Just a little question: is it just me or does ZBrushs symmetry deliberately bully the user?
For now, i will focus on working with Maya, until i feel stable enough to endure domestic ZBrush harassment.

I restarted sculpting and made solid progress with Guts body.
However - today i stumbled over a free model and with little adjustments it actually gets the job pretty well done.
So i gave it a try... Aaaand then i got shortcut greedy and payed an unnecessary price for an even more unnecessary detour.

"MaYbE i cAn FiNd a gOoD FaCe moDeL anD sAfe TimE".

Well, i did find face models of Guts and of course i bought them. And of course all three face models had topologies in the shape of hatecrimes.

Lesson learned. No more stupid shortcuts out of greed.

At last i started working with the nearly ready muscle model. First step was to remove the left arm. I thought this was going to be easy, but it turned pretty soon into a declaration of war against topology.

But i prevailed. It's done. A Clean cut with proper topology.

Later i am going start sculpting Guts face. With luck, i may start today giving Guts stylized texturing.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980505 && dateTime=='04/14/24(Sun)05:11:02') {

'>>980185
Soulless slop in style of soulless slop, i'm so excited
>The next 4 upcoming years
Make something of your own nigger then I'll care'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980507 && dateTime=='04/14/24(Sun)06:32:54') {

'>>980505
>Berserk
>Arcane
>Soulless
Niggatongue my anus

Serious question anon: i bought 3 head models and all 3 of them have gold standard high poly rape-victim topology. Is there a way to unfuck them?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980520 && dateTime=='04/14/24(Sun)11:34:19') {

'>>980396

This. Berserk is amazing but the scope of this project is in the stratosphere.

Funded companies couldn't finish adaptations of Berserk and the heart of the author himself split open before he could finish drawing it. How the hell do you hope to finish this project, alone and with no budget?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980528 && dateTime=='04/14/24(Sun)12:33:06') {

'>>980520
Teams that successfully get somewhere with things of this nature also get rewarded by being slammed with C&D orders.
Like why start doing serious work on something you have zero rights to? You got talent to see something like this work on your own IP ffs.
Berserk is just dark fantasy styled manga with art design inspired from real medieval arms and armour, one can do inspired work that is free from all the headache.

to Op: Instead of 'Gats the Black swordsman' who fights demons with a surfboard sized sword you make like 'Goor the Brooding slayer' who fights demons with a surfboard sized sword and you're in the clear. Use your brain Op.

But also learn to art before you declare you're gonna embark on something of this scale, there is a reason you can count the people who successfully 'OneManArmy'ed'
any substantial projects can be counted on five fingers. This shit is so hard and requires heroic mental fortitude even if you do know what to do and how to do it.

If you have good taste I'd advice to not even talk about this tier of insanity project before you've done real work and have something substantial to show off.
Don't be 'idea guy' or try to win points by declaring you're gonna do something nearly impossible. Go fucking do it; then you can talk about it.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980530 && dateTime=='04/14/24(Sun)12:43:56') {

'>>980447
>I do this out of passion, because Kentaro Miuras Berserk finally deserves a proper adaptation
Why? Miura clearly didn't give a shit about animation, he just sold rights for anime to random studio and got the bag. It doesn't need an adaptation'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980531 && dateTime=='04/14/24(Sun)12:48:53') {

'>>980530
Didn't he burn out trying to draw Berserk and instead played some BS waifu game all day long?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980532 && dateTime=='04/14/24(Sun)13:00:48'  && image=='shadingincoming.png') {

'>>980520
>>980528

Well, i do it out of passion. I dont have to satisfy any investors. Creating the pilot in the next 4 years is part of my Bachelor degree.

My whole life just took the turn, for the best circumstances to do this. I would be an idiot if i didnt give a shot.

Maybe i find people who like to join out of passion, but that depends absolutely on my effort. I don't expect anyone to believe in this. As long as i don't provide legit evidence, that this project is worth the effort, i have no problem in being as "all flesh, no substance".

Also, progress is progress. Since the model didn't turn out to be a failure, i will next start experimenting in creating the stylized texture, that resembles Arcane.

I would be really thankfull if any of you has insight on how to achive this render with little to no flaws.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980533 && dateTime=='04/14/24(Sun)13:06:09') {

'>>980532
It’s best to do it with a render engine instead of blender. You already know this but Blender lacks any good rendering tools and people will just recommend the dumbest things to you. Just ignore them and find a good render engine.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980542 && dateTime=='04/14/24(Sun)15:14:28'  && image=='do or die.png') {

'>>980533
thanks.
The first trial for this project has come. Lets see how this art direction prevails in the model'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980556 && dateTime=='04/14/24(Sun)16:10:35') {

'OP here. Of course ZBrush fucks me over. I can't polypaint atm. Have to trouble shoot first. Does anyone know which reason could be behind that except RGB, textures and masks? I tried using the standard brush';

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980597 && dateTime=='04/14/24(Sun)19:50:45') {

'>>980532
Op this is awesome
If I may ask what was your method of creating his hair?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980600 && dateTime=='04/14/24(Sun)20:03:04'  && image=='gutswithautism.png') {

'Well, that was quite the case study.
The result speaks for itself and there are a lot of things to reconsider, when trying to recreate Arcanes Artstyle.

First of all, it never occured me to upscale the model. the smallest brushsize became to thick for drawing details. Nothing what practice cant improve.

Second, i need to smoothen the eyebrows on the face. instead i will create flat eyebrows with polygons and give them with a stylized texture the proper 2D touch.

Third, i should consider using another software like substance painter. Someone posted a workflow with the desired results. But i definetly need to keep on dealing with ZBrush, even if the program throws curveballs at my balls.

Fourth, Guts facial model needs rework. Not only does he look like the autistic brother of Kazuya Mishima in Tekken 1 - his current facial features arent up to the task of delivering Rage and Madness. I need to create a 3D model with features that live up to the 2D Model. Especially for the conviction Arc.

For that, i will study the facial features of Asura from Asuras Wrath and which tricks helped to improve the delivery of rage-moments.

All in all, not too bad. Maybe i get the porper implimantation of the artstyle next time done.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980605 && dateTime=='04/14/24(Sun)20:40:31'  && image=='490710d10f6a8c9fbc86dce86f72dbde.jpg') {

'>>980597
The method was: friendship with people who improve their income by creating 3D anime hair packs.

>People who realised that start i hear Dark Soul Boss Music when faced with Vertices with more than 4 Edges but were still kind enough to support me anyway'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980612 && dateTime=='04/14/24(Sun)21:34:46'  && image=='1d169ece140c9663f6025de3e882d5c9.jpg') {

'>>980530
>Why? Miura clearly didn't give a shit about animation.
Nigga wtf are you talking about?
Miura literally got inspired by the songs of Susumu Hirasawa, who wrote all the compositions for the Berserk 1997 Anime adaptation.

But to clear things up - for me, it's about honouring Art, Artist and the community. Just imagine the disturbing rabbitholes Miura had to crawl through - which created Berserk and impacted its development.
Those cursed 2016, 2017 adaptations being the last official released anime adaptations feels like spitting on his grave.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980634 && dateTime=='04/15/24(Mon)03:53:00') {

'>>980612
>for me, it's about honouring Art, Artist and the community.
Learn 2d and draw a cool manga with your own shit and ideas taking inspiration from berserk instead of fucking miuras corpse, this will be far more respectful than anything you are doing right now'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980645 && dateTime=='04/15/24(Mon)07:20:55'  && image=='Screen_Shot_2017_06_02_at_10.04.16_AM.0.jpg') {

'>>980634
>this will be far more respectful than anything you are doing right now

Can't really agree with your sentiment. I don't see how it's less respectful, making an honest attempt of trying to retell a chapter of Miuras story, which was never animated before in the first place - inspired by the art-direction of an other critically acclaimed animated art piece.

You can believe me when i say that my adaptation will never see the light of day, if there is only the slightest chance that it turns into a cheap, uncanny and lazy fanfiction, that couldn't even stay loyal to the source material - which is literally the most beautiful and overqualified drawn Storyboard for the production.

Trust me. I light myself up before i become responsible for another Berserk 2016/17.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980647 && dateTime=='04/15/24(Mon)07:30:19') {

'>>980645
Let's toy with the idea we live in an alternate universe where things that do not happen occurs and you actually get somewhere with this.

What is your current plan of dealing with the C&D?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980648 && dateTime=='04/15/24(Mon)07:54:51') {

'>>980647
Case you don't understand the question, just because Miura is dead doesn't mean this intellectual property is in public domain.
It's now owned by Miura's heirs and/or the publishing company behind 'Berserk'.

You get somewhere with this their lawyers will send you a 'cease and desist' order to set the precedence of defending these valuable commercial rights they own.

This is like the final boss for anyone who have ever made substantial fan projects previously, many video game-remakes etc
Some that have come very far in development has been killed at this stage so what it your plan for handling the insta-kill mechanics of this unbeatable boss?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980649 && dateTime=='04/15/24(Mon)08:06:07'  && image=='0688af1c8f7f92fa69035ec26ab51cbb.jpg') {

'>>980647
In the first place it will always count as a project, created in an educational environment of 3D animation. The different approach of art direction and a title like "In honour of Kentaro Miura - a Berserk Story" will cut me loose of any responsibilities.

Basically like the guy who created "Legend - a Dragon Ball Tale"

https://youtu.be/1JKLM45aIik?si=sdYy3LkT2HSWFDcc

I don't intend to make any money. I can't say it often enough. I am passionate and restless, because i want to see if Berserk can be adapted with my approach.

My aim is to succeed university with a project i can fully stand behind. Of course, that doesn't mean that i wouldn't be open for official negotiations if there is demand to continue what i started.'
;

}

if(Passionproject && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980660 && dateTime=='04/15/24(Mon)11:00:04') {

'>>980185
hey man, if you would like a 3D modeler to help you out, look me up me on artstation “CC.G”. I’m currently really out of inspiration and I could use a fun project like this. Don’t listen to the haters, they are just people who forgot how to dream. Do the thing that inspires you.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980661 && dateTime=='04/15/24(Mon)11:01:34') {

'>>980649
>will cut me loose of any responsibilities.
he doesn't know'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980664 && dateTime=='04/15/24(Mon)11:41:12') {

'>>980660
I don't think this qualify as hate, it's fair warnings anyone like Op should hear.

If you're gonna do something like this you will have to ignore the nay-sayers, having everyone cheering you on as you dig your own grave is much less helpful.
The people who go and do something everybody says is doomed and succeed are the rare exception that beat the odds, crash & burn is the common outcome.

Letting Op waste years of his life without even a warning would be cruel.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980669 && dateTime=='04/15/24(Mon)12:13:12') {

'>>980664
>Letting Op waste years of his life
I'm sure op will understand everything himself if he ever manages to recreate even a single shot without any animations'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980697 && dateTime=='04/15/24(Mon)17:07:59'  && image=='photo_2024-04-15_21-20-51.jpg') {

'Hey guys, OP here. Today was completely in the name of the struggler. But, It wouldn't be a proper Berserk adaption if i didnt have to face certain hardships, when the protagponist literally prevails against Hell.
I am slowly accepting to the sheer autism of Zbrush. The UI still looks like it was designed during a fever-dream but it doesn't feel that way anymore. Quite the opposite - i even started adjusting to the toxic relationship with ZBrush. It took me an unholy amount of time, but i even learned projecting in ZBrush. That became a gamechanger for me.

Why? Because today i learned that my PC isn't up to the task of high poly modeling. Guts doesn't look like a roided retard anymore. However, i couldn't connect his head with the neck properly, because each battle against high poly - bad topology into a battle of patience and performance issues turned.
My left eye feels like it got shot with a nail gun.

Good news - a very talented friend of mine would like to figure out the artstyle for the 2D backgroundpainting which generates the harmony with the artdirection of the 3D Models. Further more, she would like to paint Miuras scenery panel as a canvas for the "do or die" shot.

I hope you had a wonderfull day.

>>980664
Thanks for the warning. I am well aware of what i am doing and i don't blame anyone of thinking that i am naive and irresponsible. Failure isn't the problem. However, not even trying to face the challenge, that is most obviously an oppotunity of a lifetime, is unforgivable.

>>980660
Friend, thanks for the offer. I really do appreciate your words.
The moment i have certainty that all set pieces play so well together, that my inner hype is satisfied - i will literally blast you with reference sheets. But atm i wouldn't feel to good about it, if i end up wasting your time.

>>980661
What exactly do you think will happen? You must be at least as unhinged as Nintendo, to risk a fucking streissand effect, for a stupid lawsuit.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980709 && dateTime=='04/15/24(Mon)19:32:33') {

'>>980664
>having everyone cheering you on as you dig your own grave is much less helpful.

Anon, this is an animation project, I think
you are exaggerating a hit. If he's having fun that's the best outcome, he even may learn a thing or 2 about 3d pipeline on the process.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980710 && dateTime=='04/15/24(Mon)19:38:03') {

'>>980664
We all started that way.
I wanted to make an MMORPG when I installed blender.
I laugh at the things I produced at the time, but they teach me a lot.
Thanks to that I work on the industry now.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980739 && dateTime=='04/16/24(Tue)05:08:28') {

'>>980710
>I work on the industry
Good morning sir!'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980743 && dateTime=='04/16/24(Tue)07:33:24') {

'There are people on this board who are not now nor will ever even attempt a project of any sort, and as soon as they see someone trying it offends them. It becomes their priority to tear that other person down because if someone else, especially someine they think is inferior, can even get as far as step 1 in anything then they are shamed by it.';

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980744 && dateTime=='04/16/24(Tue)07:34:11'  && image=='Gutssubstance3d.png') {

'Another day of "progress" being the name of the game.

Guts rework is finally done, which means i can continue in my pursuit of stylized texturing. Instead of ZBrush, i am going to use Substance 3D painter.

I welcome any idea forthe proper usage of textures, brushes and lighting.

>>980709
I am going to study 3D animation in September and i want this project to become my bachelor thesis. All the progress in the next upcoming 5 months will give me the to focus on the REAL upcoming hardships. I want to make the most out of the universities supervision asap for the real issues.

I am having the blast of my life, because it's the first time in my life that career and hobby go hand in hand. Not a single second spent with this project is wasted.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980745 && dateTime=='04/16/24(Tue)07:40:17') {

'>>980743
To be fair, if the opinion of some anonymous dumbfucks on an imageboard already breaks your moral, then the project was destined to fail.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980759 && dateTime=='04/16/24(Tue)09:24:39') {

'>>980743
Incorrect. I am the one who has been warning Op most vocally.

I'm a recluse solo developer who have walked many years down the line of what Op is doing several times.
I have ~four abandoned major projects with several years worth of effort each, scrapped as they did not meet my evolving standards.

I'm currently on year 7 of the one that looks like it will actually go somewhere to become a finished release as now have all my pieces
in order and it's now or never.

I started this crazy journey already knowing my way around these tools and having done art and programming since I was a young child.
Op is embarking on something even crazier in scope than what I fist attempted and with less foundational skills.
What Op is doing does not offend me, it concerns me as I know a great deal about what it is if you keep extending yourself along that axis.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980760 && dateTime=='04/16/24(Tue)09:26:22') {

'>>980759
>continued

What >>980745 says is also extremely true, you attempt something as retarded as trying to solo-dev something substantial
no amount of people telling you to quit can ever phase you. Those crabs in the bucket aren't trying to hold you down, they're trying to save you from yourself.
If they're strong enough to hold you back you're nowhere strong enough to survive the climb anyways so you should probably thank them.

Things like this is the mental equivalent of ultra-distance running. To make it you have to keep going even as you're breaking down.
The stubbornness and willpower you need to develop to persevere thru episodes of self-doubt, lack of inspiration, motivation and keep breaking down
the inevitable walls you face along the way needs to grow unwavering beyond what is reasonable. Discouraging words by strangers on the internet won't stop you.

This is me having been 75% up the mountain Op is now trying to climb and here I meet him on the way down on my 5th attempt wearing my torn climbing harness and survival gear and here's this dude wearing T-shirt and sneakers pointing at the top declaring he's about to go there.
So I offer him some kind words of discouragement as there are less doomed ways to go about ones day.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980768 && dateTime=='04/16/24(Tue)10:16:02') {

'>>980759
>>980760
>What >>980745 (You) says is also extremely true
OP here. those were my words.
My guy, i totally understand your concern and appreciate the warning. But if we're really not that different, you also get why i won't back down.
If i fail, i fail. But sometimes, it's worse not even trying.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980769 && dateTime=='04/16/24(Tue)10:31:27'  && image=='Norma.jpg') {

'>>980760
Based take. These types of projects discourage an artist because they result inevitably in failure.

It's like trying to bench press 535lbs on your first set and crushing your ribs. Most people build up to big things by successes at smaller efforts.

This nigga is not animating fucking Berserk and personally I don't want him to succeed because Arcane's tranny artstyle is gay as fuck for peak masculine heroes like Guts who came from that Conan/Fist of the North Star era of hypermacho dudes.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980791 && dateTime=='04/16/24(Tue)14:51:27') {

'>>980185
Though a full adaptation is insane, I hope you get through at least the pilot. You have a YouTube channel or something people can follow the progress?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980792 && dateTime=='04/16/24(Tue)14:58:29') {

'>>980664
Even if the project is a failure and gets abandoned, that doesn't mean op's time was wasted. Working on projects people are passionate about is how artists improve.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980793 && dateTime=='04/16/24(Tue)15:18:32'  && image=='IMG_20240416_205802_333.jpg') {

'>>980791
Guy, OP here. I think i am heading somewhere - pic related.

>>980791
Thanks. I actually wanted to start recording the progress, when i officially have the sample shot with the 2D canvas background.
People got it the wrong way. I want to tell the story of Berserks conviction arc/lost children arc. Those are 27 Manga chapters. The story is probably told in 4 20 min episodes or less.

>>980792
Exactly. Nobody will take this away from me.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980841 && dateTime=='04/16/24(Tue)22:44:47'  && image=='IMG_20240417_040401_214.jpg') {

'Hey guys, OP here.

It's far from perfect, but i am certain that this the right direction. Proper lighting, 2D effects+details AND the fitting 2D backgrounds are the missing set pieces..

But all in all, not to bad. Working with substance painter was a shitshow in the beginning.
"Mesh Baking? Nah bro, Mesh raping"

But at least, i have certainty reaching ways to recreate the art-direction.

>>980769
Nigga... The best thing /3/ could happen, is me succeeding. I swore to make the most accurate Manga adaption.

Which means, i have no other choice but to navigate head on into a gigantic shitsstorm, because i MUST animate the fairy snuff-orgy of the lost children arc.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980914 && dateTime=='04/17/24(Wed)20:43:59'  && image=='1713071338352999.gif') {

'>>980841
Talk is cheap and that's why you've so many words. Your project needs modeling, animating, lighting, script writing, video editing, sound design... There's so many moving parts. Even though you've a storyboard (the manga) you still need to translate it into film.

You do you but stop promising yourself the world. It's what dreamers do. Makers shut up, dig down and make. You show every sign of being the former. Even the language of "I must" shows how little control you feel over your own project.

I can't tell you how many men in creative fields have told me "I'ma write the next American novel", "I'ma direct the next great film" and these niggas don't own a camera or haven't written their first page. Results matter.

I have zero faith in you and neither does your audience. Every creative starts in distrust; audiences aren't convinced until you make good content, win them over, and shut them up. One half-sculpted model of Guts ain't shit nigga. Cook!'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980921 && dateTime=='04/17/24(Wed)22:24:59'  && image=='IMG_20240412_221846_873.jpg') {

'>>980914
OP here. You're mostly correct.
> Even the language of "I must" shows how little control you feel over your own project.
My guy... The whole thread only exists on the premise, that i lack knowledge and would like to know how any of you would handle this project. Does this sound like having control?
This thread was never about flexing. I made it because i need some guidance through this journey, because i am well aware of my skill issue.

I spent the last 7 days 15-20 hours/day on this project and i don't intend to change the pace.
Right now the progress is slow, because i am facing a huge learning process.
It seems like my mesh has developed hidden issues, which makes working across 3 different programmes frustrating.

But progress is progress. It will take a while until i got the artstyle right.

Give me your faith, when i earned it and not a second too early.'
;

}

if(CumLord && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980945 && dateTime=='04/18/24(Thu)08:32:42') {

'>>980185
i like this guy and his perseverance , i am gonna bookmark this thread and see how well you grow'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980952 && dateTime=='04/18/24(Thu)10:31:17') {

'>>980945
>perseverance
>Thread started last Wednesday.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980957 && dateTime=='04/18/24(Thu)11:28:58'  && image=='IMG_20240418_172757.jpg') {

'>>980945
OP here, thanks.

Currently i am trying to fix the mesh. I somehow fucked up during sculpting and each export brings new issues for the next program i am trying to work with.

Up until now i couldn't work properly with substance painter, because the mesh wasn't well reviewed - especially when i tried using fill layers and generators.

To solve this issue i stumbled over a shenanigans with bifrost. I am basically converting the model into a bifrost topology and from there back to normal topology in Maya. I am waiting for the result. If this really works well, i officially learned to use another game-changing tool to retopologize.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980975 && dateTime=='04/18/24(Thu)14:17:55') {

'>>980952
>op spends time writing novels trying to convince anons instead of working on the project'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980977 && dateTime=='04/18/24(Thu)14:24:02') {

'>>980975
Classic behavior.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980978 && dateTime=='04/18/24(Thu)14:25:10') {

'>>980921
>which makes working across 3 different programmes frustrating.
Blenderchads stay winning lol lmao'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980980 && dateTime=='04/18/24(Thu)14:28:35'  && image=='bifrost.png') {

'Well, OP here. Since i have to wait, i can tell you what is the downside of using Bifrost:

This method demands lots of CPU and RAM. If i am not wrong, Bifrost creates a mesh with at least 10 times of the original.
Remeshing and retopo, will therefore demand some time.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980981 && dateTime=='04/18/24(Thu)14:37:20') {

'>>980185
I will save you some time OP and tell you exactly how this will go. Soon you will struggle to make any meaningful progress and end up redoing most of your assets. About a month from now you will say "I need to take a break and try learning the workflow, I will continue soon" You will never return to the project. If you ever learn 3d properly you will also never return to the project because by that point you will realise how retarded you were. Cool thread though'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980982 && dateTime=='04/18/24(Thu)14:46:18') {

'>>980978
>Blenderchads stay winning lol lmao
When Blender really holds its course, gets a better render engine and becomes more stable for bigger projects, then yes. It's not unrealistic that they will become the new standard.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==980986 && dateTime=='04/18/24(Thu)15:22:23'  && image=='scenery.jpg') {

'>>980981
>Soon you will struggle to make any meaningful progress and end up redoing most of your assets.

The project lives and dies with the recreation of this scene in the desired artdirection.
>pic related

One way or another i will come to this point. However, if i don't like what i see, because i come the conclusion that the quality of my work wouldn't do Miuras story justice - i accept defeat.

Until then, i will fight my way through shitty topology.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981031 && dateTime=='04/19/24(Fri)06:15:47') {

'>>980978
Working across different programs is only a problem for OP because they messed up on their model.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981080 && dateTime=='04/19/24(Fri)17:14:37') {

'OP here.
Today i may have started to fall in love with ZBrush. In all honesty - 7 days ago, me working with Zbrush resembled a monkey trying to solve a rubics cube.
But now, i really started to see the strengths of using ZBrush with proper usage of hotkeys.

I am still working on Guts model, but i identified some key-issues:
- since i didn't T-Pose properly, dynamesh fused my armpits and created somehow fragments in- and outside the model
- i used a hair-asset that probably fragmented during Zremesher and projection, which are - interestingly enough - visible in Maya, not in ZBrush
- i recognised high-density poles on the chest and (correct me if am wrong) could fuck with the texture, when i try to use fill-layers and filter in substance painter.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981106 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)01:04:46') {

'>>980185
>Some other art style'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981177 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)19:39:10') {

'>Dragonslayer sold on artstation
>This post pops up when it happened

so this is who bought my dragonslayer on artstation, thanks man that bought me some food.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981246 && dateTime=='04/21/24(Sun)15:14:05'  && image=='IMG_20240421_210059.jpg') {

'>>981177
OP here, i am actually not so sure if i bought it. Although, if have a good one and i didn't buy it - you may get another meal :)

So, i am close in being done cleaning the mesh. Previously i couldn't even create proper UVs and multi map the texture.
Next step is doing some proper polypaint, bake the mesh properly in substance and finally try to figure out the artstyle.

Progress is progress, doesn't matter how small.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981397 && dateTime=='04/23/24(Tue)08:20:40'  && image=='sketch-1713874404212.png') {

'OP here.
Every day is a day of progress. The last two days were in the name of "trial and error".

But i think i am having a breakthrough. I definitely need to improve my brush strokes and work on the detail, but this may be the next step to the desired art-direction.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981418 && dateTime=='04/23/24(Tue)13:06:10') {

'>>981397
This fucking rocks.
Start a Discord room or something.
I'm eager to see where this goes, even if I'm not into Berserk.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981426 && dateTime=='04/23/24(Tue)13:58:14') {

'>>981397
Oh big helpful tip from someone who works with material rendering. Make sure the colors work with the desired software. Blender, Maya, Unity, etc, all different rendering methods that should be looked into and understood so you’ll know it applies to your implementation.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981466 && dateTime=='04/24/24(Wed)06:28:01') {

'>>981418
Thanks. I am going to make the discord room as soon as i am start rigging.
>>981426
I appreciate the tip! Currently, i am experimenting with different render and shading methods, with the help of different plugins in Maya.

The last 12 hours were quite a shitshow. I bought the NPR plugin MNPRX from Artineering, which turned out to be for nothing, since the plugin doesn't work with Maya2025. Had to make a python deepdive to find out that PySide2 is no longer a thing in Maya2025.

Now i am trying my luck with Arnold and Psoft Pencil+.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981571 && dateTime=='04/25/24(Thu)09:56:32') {

'I think the best way to get this running is to make a short animated feature first. Then when it gets viewers you should make a kickstarter or something like that and get money to make it. People usually fail with projects like this is because they start too big. Do something short that will get people hyped and talking.';

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981795 && dateTime=='04/27/24(Sat)15:39:49'  && image=='IMG_20240427_213312.jpg') {

'>>981571
I absolutely agree with you, which is why i chose to recreate a 5-10 sec teaser. This will take a while because i am still trying to figure out how to properly render the 3D model in Maya.

I am going to be very honest - right now i am really struggling to figure out the right configuration for the best NPR. Currently i am experimenting heavily with Arnold and Psoft Pencil+ only with little to no success.

Does anyone have an idea of how to replicate the render settings of ZBrush in Maya?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981797 && dateTime=='04/27/24(Sat)16:20:26') {

'>>981795
ur stuff looks badass godspeed OP'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981808 && dateTime=='04/27/24(Sat)18:10:11'  && image=='arnold render5.jpg') {

'>>981797
thanks, fren. Glad to hear that my work actually has substance.

So, we reached day 16 working on this project and with each day i think i am getting closer in recreating the artstyle.

Right now there are 2 things i need to get straight:
- making a texture map with the painterly effect of brushstrokes
- finding a way to produce a clean NPR render - using Maya

I am open to any ideas of how accomplish those tasks.

The greatest issue atm is to find the proper way to render the model. After 3 days of trial and error with Psoft Pencil+ i came to the conclusion that using Arnold aiToon shader is my best shot, although i am not even close in being satisfied with what i accomplished with my render-attempts.

>pic related'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981809 && dateTime=='04/27/24(Sat)18:19:52'  && image=='arnold render3.jpg') {

'But, before i will continue to figure out the proper render-settings, i will try to make the painterly effect.

My plan is to take the normalmap and rebrush it with a knife-brush in photoshop.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981829 && dateTime=='04/27/24(Sat)21:39:38'  && image=='gutsrenderprogress.jpg') {

'Update:
Editing the the normal map does wonder. The render looks already way better. Now, i need to find a way to make the brushstrokes more organic and get the proper NPR 2D render.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981830 && dateTime=='04/27/24(Sat)22:19:37') {

'Looking kino, OP.';

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981854 && dateTime=='04/28/24(Sun)04:50:41'  && image=='gutsrenderprogress2.jpg') {

'Progress';

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981855 && dateTime=='04/28/24(Sun)05:22:52') {

'are you texturing a decimated mesh, m8?';

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981857 && dateTime=='04/28/24(Sun)06:56:13') {

'>>981830
Thanks, fren. Lets see if i can be more than naive fool with big dreams.

>>981855
>are you texturing a decimated mesh, m8?
I think so. If i am not mistaken, i created in ZBrush texture- & normal map on the highest subdivision and used afterwards decimation master before exporting the fbx.
Afterwards, i put a knifebrush-filter on the normal map with Photoshop. Then, i connected in Mayas Hypershade Window the aiToonshader with texture + normal map and assigned all of it as the new material on the mesh.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981858 && dateTime=='04/28/24(Sun)07:29:25') {

'>>981857
looks like you're jumping the gun a bit.
why haven't you retopologised your mesh yet?
may i ask if you've created character model ready for animation in the past?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981860 && dateTime=='04/28/24(Sun)08:06:41') {

'>>981858
actually, i've just come back and my head hurts. you have multiple subdivision levels but you're exporting a decimated mesh? what'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981861 && dateTime=='04/28/24(Sun)08:26:09') {

'OP, respect what youre trying to do. I'm in a similiar boat, trying to make a story driven episodic adapatation of a popular shooter atm.

but it looks like what you're trying to start with is making a perfect model of guts as your start, which is not really the best way to go about it.

you'll improve massively with each day you work on this project, and your artstyle will change. so don't get bogged down with one model out how hundreds youre likely gonna have to create down the line.

i'd suggest focusing on ideas, concepts and motifs at the start. create one of your favorite scenes, your favorite encounter, using whatever shitty models, sounds and textures you can find. see if you can achieve your vision with it, or see what exactly is missing.

especially if youre going for an arcane look then textures is 60% of what matters, with the rest being animation. spending weeks sculpting 1 guy when youd have to do the same for so many other characters is not sustainable.

get results fast and improve on them, rather than going for perfection immediately.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981866 && dateTime=='04/28/24(Sun)09:44:35'  && image=='IMG_20240428_145227_810.jpg') {

'>>981858
It's the first time that i try to create a character ready for animation.

There is a little misunderstanding. I never intended to animate the current decimated mesh. The current mesh only serves to figure out the right texture, shader, light and render settings.
Actually, i have a model of Guts with decent topology, but i use the decimated mesh out of CPU-performance sake. Right now i am trying to figure out the artstyle for the model. For that, i don't need to torture myself by importing everytime a 5 mio poly mesh in Substance or Maya.

>>981861
Respect to you too for working on such a Behemoth. Good luck, i hope you will succeed.
I understand your sentiment, but i don't think i should change my course. In the last 16 days i reached some decent milestones and my goal is to create a 5-10 sec teaser.
The project lives or dies with the teaser. The task is to create a scene with the 3D Model of Guts with the desired artstyle, in harmony with a 2D Canvas background. Should i come to the conclusion that the teaser doesn't do Berserk justice (doesn't matter what reason) - i will admit defeat and stop the project.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981868 && dateTime=='04/28/24(Sun)10:59:57'  && image=='sketch-1714313591427.png') {

'This is far from being perfect, but i think it delivers a glimpse of potential.
Background and 3D model are clearly missing harmony.
Any thoughts on reasonable adjustments?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981938 && dateTime=='04/29/24(Mon)06:42:34'  && image=='IMG_20240429_122258.jpg') {

'OP here. I think this is my best render attempt so far. The brush stroke texture got way better. Now i need to find the right balance in the render-settings, because the toonshader goes haywire thanks to the normal map.';

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981950 && dateTime=='04/29/24(Mon)09:28:57') {

'>>981938
You need lighting too, there’s a trick in maya that only highlights the model and not everything else. This same technique works on real life situations when you need lighting to focus on the actor and not everything else. Another notable trick is 3D ability to create darker shades with lighting that otherwise would not work on real world scenarios.

Homework
- Learn how lighting is done in movies and apply the techniques to your work

- Learn how Maya lighting forces on one model

Here are some videos to help

Light linking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UkV40Kq3Oc&t=145

How lightning works in real life:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nHfXg2idrM&t'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981968 && dateTime=='04/29/24(Mon)12:44:19'  && image=='sketch-1714408526838.png') {

'>>981950
>Homework
Whoever you are, you have my thanks. I looked into it and i think i am having a breakthrough thanks to you. Furthermore i changed the render engine from Arnold to V-ray.

That's my best shot so far.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981970 && dateTime=='04/29/24(Mon)13:29:56'  && image=='IMG_20240429_192747.png') {

'Guys, can anyone explain this?';

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981971 && dateTime=='04/29/24(Mon)13:58:44') {

'>>981970
camera fov'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981972 && dateTime=='04/29/24(Mon)14:00:20') {

'>>981970
Looks like a camera perspective setting, Zbrush being set to 0° Vertical FOV, which makes everything flat... and Maya set to about 30-50°, which gives it that distortion.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981973 && dateTime=='04/29/24(Mon)14:11:07'  && image=='PengGrace.webm') {

'>>981970
So you're telling me this guy is gonna animate Berserk and he doesn't understand camera perspectives?

Damn son, y'all blowing cope clouds right up his urethra.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981974 && dateTime=='04/29/24(Mon)14:11:13') {

'>>981970
>anon discovers camera opening
anon, you can make kick ass renders and shit, but you don't know camera angles, lrn sum moar!'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981979 && dateTime=='04/29/24(Mon)14:36:38') {

'>>981973
eh man at least he's one of the few posting on this website, it's always the same "bite more than you can chew" schitzos and it's always fun to watch these blog posts full of shitty models burn, crash and eventually get 404'd.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981984 && dateTime=='04/29/24(Mon)15:17:40') {

'>>981973
I am exactly that guy. Just watch me.
>>981974
I am learning everyday fren. Especially today i learned a lot, like fixing the camera perspective.
>>981979
Doesn't matter if it will crash and burn. Not trying is sometimes worse than failing.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981985 && dateTime=='04/29/24(Mon)15:31:51') {

'Anon not understanding camera perspectives while still pumping out content like this gives me hope in him. The tools are just means to an end. He's doing his best with what he's got.
Keep going OP!'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981987 && dateTime=='04/29/24(Mon)15:41:51'  && image=='IMG_20240429_213823_094.png') {

'>>981985
Thank you. And thanks to the solution for the camera setting, i can finally provide proper render samples.

And god dayum, they really look good.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981989 && dateTime=='04/29/24(Mon)16:03:36'  && image=='IMG_20240429_220216.png') {

'Hype is real.';

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981993 && dateTime=='04/29/24(Mon)17:23:34') {

'>>981970
sovl vs soulless'
;

}

if(the chair nerd && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981994 && dateTime=='04/29/24(Mon)18:12:12'  && image=='IM HERE.png') {

'>>980185
Not a fan of mangas (I'm in 4chan because of /pol/ not because of /a/) but this seems interesting.
>>980389
> i would like to know if anyone would take a different approach?
I'd take the classical film production approach and that means a more serious pre-production work. I'd not only list the assets but make a comprehensive location, story and character timeline of everything, if you don't take every tiny prop into account for each scene it can quickly become a production hell.
This is the reason the big majority of films, even faithful to the source material ones are filmed and produced not in order but in a way it makes sense for the production.

So for pre production I'd seriously have a look at:

-Animatics: Pre planning on the style of animation. (Example: Will blood be added in 2d or 3d?)

-Production design: Have your cinematography, color palettes, location and prop design to a single consistent language (Example: How do locations look in the background, how does fire look?)

-Research and development: Plan ahead for the tools or techniques you'll need.(Example: I need to create a 'slashing' pipeline that renders the desired effect my character uses his weapon.)

I'm with you anon I've always wanted to make a short film but just by listing all this it makes me feel that I'm right in the peak of the dunning kruger curve and I haven't had the courage to start.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981996 && dateTime=='04/29/24(Mon)18:24:53') {

'>>981994
Yeah OP you should get an intimacy coordinator too, god forbid you actually work on the project'
;

}

if(the chair nerd && title=='undefined' && postNumber==981997 && dateTime=='04/29/24(Mon)18:30:21') {

'>>981996
Precisely because it's a one person endeavor Op should plan ahead on stupid thing so he can focus on the animation when it comes down to that.
>you should get an intimacy coordinator too
Yes I do agree holy wood's bureaucracy is what makes idiotic bloated budgets but a school friend actually works as lead animator in Arcane and it is clear to me that a good production mirrors a good plan.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982023 && dateTime=='04/30/24(Tue)06:54:19') {

'>>981989
noyce'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982033 && dateTime=='04/30/24(Tue)09:58:15') {

'>>981997
That's completely ludicrous, you are a ba'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982058 && dateTime=='04/30/24(Tue)12:25:55') {

'>>980185
hey bro, it's me again, and you got it 50000% right, but I want to tell you this, you're doing awesome and don't know cinematography, study a worthy booklet or just read about cinematrography, they've dealt with light cameras, shadows, colors, etc for a good amount of years, read' em, the comic will give you the composition, and you should follow it 100% BUT, the light is one tool you're using like it or not since you're cgi rendering
other than that, yeah study ancient painters
I'm telling you this BECAUSE you rock, godspeed anon'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982059 && dateTime=='04/30/24(Tue)12:28:04') {

'>>980185
got this as a mini enlightenment moment
YES produce this piece of media for 32 bit float displays, mostly cause as far as I know you can't produce it for analogic film... or can you? well analog film is the best thing but the second best thing is digital 32 bit float that will shine through full HDR displays and obviously (or maybe not so obviously) through analogic film'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982061 && dateTime=='04/30/24(Tue)12:37:06') {

'>>982059
>>982058
AND it will help you in the post-prduccing color grading, fine touching phase
yes'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982062 && dateTime=='04/30/24(Tue)12:47:10') {

'>>982058
>>982059
>>982061
and the sad but realistic part, while you do this, you also have to keep in mind less ranged devices, like anon's old and busted monitor
q;^)
also, the closest thing to cinema are retro-proyectors q;^) d;^)'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982071 && dateTime=='04/30/24(Tue)14:22:26'  && image=='adobecolor.png') {

'>>981994
>>981997
Dear anons, this is exactly the information i was looking for and why this thread mostly exists. Thanks for that. When i am satisfied with the teaser, i will go wild on pre-production and slowly turn this solo project into a team endeavor. Not a second too early.
The creation of the teaser is the most important part right now, because it will answer fundamentally all questions for each workflow, in each stage of development.
Prep time for solid pre-production may take a while, but in the meantime i will look for artists who are willing to create the necessery 3D models.
>>982058
Thank you bro, I wish you Godspeed in whatever you are approaching currently.
>light is one tool you're using like it or not since you're cgi rendering
Believe me when i say that i am learning each day like being driven by madness. If you can recommend any fitting literature or tutorials - i'd be very thankful.
Every morning, the first thing i do is starting my PC and try to do stuff i learned through tutorials, i fell asleep to the night before. Just recently i wanted to start to experiment with different color palettes created by adobe colors.

However, a different development came between.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982072 && dateTime=='04/30/24(Tue)14:25:51') {

'>>982071
>with different color palettes created by adobe colors
keep doing that, but check good art/cinema/ads/comics/illustration, etc shit you like, it'll talk to you'
;

}

if(the chair nerd && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982074 && dateTime=='04/30/24(Tue)14:31:12') {

'>>982071
Np anon. My two cents.
If you have questions about:
-Legal shit
-Technical rendering shit
-Smelly shit
Just ask.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982075 && dateTime=='04/30/24(Tue)14:37:59'  && image=='tableterabeginns.jpg') {

'>>982071
Up until now i solely worked with mouse and keyboard. Now i am having my training arc in using this tablet. Is anyone familiar with this device and is there anything i should particularly know or learn, when using the tablet?

Upcoming steps in teaser production:
- sculpting all necessary details into the full model
- texturing full model and clothes
- (find the right render settings)
- make model ready for rigging'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982076 && dateTime=='04/30/24(Tue)14:46:44') {

'>>981997
>good production mirrors a good plan
couldn't agree more that a good plan is OP'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982083 && dateTime=='04/30/24(Tue)17:12:22') {

'>>982071
>Abobe colors
I would look at another more open source color palette. Adobe is known to be legal with color. Yes, people/companys can copyright colors and charge for using it, it’s dumbest thing I heard i know but this is Adobe we are talking about.

https://www.npr.org/2022/11/06/1134608195/in-the-adobe-and-pantone-dispute-creators-are-left-in-the-dark'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982089 && dateTime=='04/30/24(Tue)17:58:11') {

'>>982074
I have a questio'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982098 && dateTime=='04/30/24(Tue)18:58:29'  && image=='withandwithouttablet.jpg') {

'>>982083
Wow, this is actually a sad fucking shitshow. Thanks for the warning.

So, i tried to retexture the mesh this time with the tablet. I didn't think it would make such a great difference...'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982100 && dateTime=='04/30/24(Tue)19:05:52') {

'>>982098
Is this a jojo'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982103 && dateTime=='04/30/24(Tue)19:13:28') {

'>>982098
you just discovered masking? we're learning at high speeds in here, GO ANON GO!'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982104 && dateTime=='04/30/24(Tue)19:14:09') {

'>>982098
Nice jotaro kujo'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982105 && dateTime=='04/30/24(Tue)19:14:48') {

'>>982098
>>982103
this iis wrong but gave me another idea
you can render an unshaded version and then a a shadow coming from each light and compose that with masks or whatever, it is more manual but it can get you extra level of control over the artistic outcome'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982113 && dateTime=='04/30/24(Tue)19:54:04') {

'>>982103
At least as good as masking. I discovered the advantages of a painting tablet with pen-opacity in combination with Focal Shift. Polypainting has forever changed to me.

Lets see how sculpting feels now.'
;

}

if(the chair nerd && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982114 && dateTime=='04/30/24(Tue)19:57:58') {

'>>982089
You're gonna have to bait har'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982117 && dateTime=='04/30/24(Tue)20:03:04') {

'>>982114
What do you mean by ba'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982130 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)05:11:39') {

'>>982098
please remove the shadow from hair on the forehead, shit looks like someone sprayed paint there'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982138 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)08:49:38'  && image=='lightlinking.jpg') {

'OP here. I am tired af.
Currently i am trying some lightlinking attempts. >>982130
I will soon start to polish the model.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982155 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)11:07:25') {

'>>982130
Nah bruh, it's bett'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982158 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)11:10:28') {

'>>982138
Lights are a big th'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982161 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)11:30:53'  && image=='sketch-1714577272152.png') {

'>>982158
Lighting is the fucking name of the game.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982162 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)11:33:27') {

'>>982161
I think you should try a ri'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982164 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)11:41:14') {

'>>982161
>>982162
Yes, do that try a r'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982167 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)12:37:20'  && image=='sketch-1714581162534.png') {

'Holy shit. What's the science behind this? Those are both the same model. Top has blue and red front lights, yellow rimlight and white ambient light.
Bottom has one frontal light.

Whats the magic behind this?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982173 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)14:18:49'  && image=='1712453209598027.jpg') {

'>>982167
>Blown away by the concept of three-point lighting.
>Will produce an animated Berserk movie the likes we've never seen.
>This is absolutely happening.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982174 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)14:31:05') {

'>>980503
Arms too short. Chest too big. Generally too bulky. Guts has mean muscle but he also has a certain mean, lean cut to him. Focus a little more on the bones.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982175 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)14:46:03') {

'>>982174
Make him a little "edgier", spikier, less roundish.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982177 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)14:59:40') {

'>>982167
>>982173
3 point light is only one of many methods: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nWlMbxJE8g&t

Learn the ones you need to build the best version of each scene.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982183 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)15:49:15'  && image=='sketch-1714592745568.png') {

'>>982173
OP here. Its absolutely happening. The skill issue is real, but my dedication too.

>>982105
Another day of making progress. I finally started sculpting the last details for the complete model. After that, i am going to apply texture with the brush strokes to achieve the painterly effect on the whole body.

>>982174
Already made him leaner. Look at the panel, he's still a beast.

>>982175
I am definitely not going fuck more around with the mesh than necessary. He looks neat and his jawline has enough edge.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982184 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)16:02:35'  && image=='Berserk_90_010.jpg') {

'>>982177
Hell yes. Thank you. For the teaser it's especially this panel i want to recreate. What lighting methods would you try for this scene?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982185 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)16:43:22') {

'>>982183
>I am definitely not going fuck more around with the mesh than necessary. He looks neat and his jawline has enough edge.

in time you'll realize what you have now is no more than a blockout, people are giving you advice for a reason, it is very obvious you don't see all the anatomical mistakes you're making simply cause you lack experience and fundamentals.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982186 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)16:55:02') {

'>>982185
OP is gay but you may even be gayer.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982187 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)17:17:48'  && image=='17145981722723192607054565578172.jpg') {

'>>982185
Bro... With all due respect, but you're talking right out of your ass without considering the actual facts:
-I am not sculpting unnecessary on the mesh after spending 5 days of cleaning up the messy topology.
-Especially not, when anon didn't even refer to the updated version of the mesh.

I finished the rework of Guts model over a week ago. Beefcake Guts died 2 weeks ago.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982191 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)19:10:40') {

'>>982184
I don’t know, the creator drew the plants and Guts as the main center point the reader would focus. The background and moon emit different elements of lighting.

So clearly some moonlight color within 7000/8000 between Keven degree, low key lighting, Guts having soft light.

I am assuming the dark mountain isn’t a mountain and the creator meant to represent wind blowing because the grass continues after the dark winds and disappear in a perfect line. I would need more context to know if the colors are correct and the environment is right. I never read Berserker so it’s me guessing.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982192 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)19:43:45'  && image=='GUTS TEASER.png') {

'>>982191
It's a scene that basically represents him descending into the deepest abyss of madness, always on the verge of losing his mind. "Despair" is an understatement.

I actually can't believe it, but i may start rigging tomorow. I think the mesh turned pretty well.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982194 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)20:08:16'  && image=='GUTS TEASER2.png') {

'It may not be the greatest reason to celebrate, given the long journey ahead. Nonetheless, i call this another reached milestone in this pre production journey.
With that in mind, thanks to all of you for accompanying me in my pursuit of greatness in madness. Thanks to all who really provided good advice and helped me to get this far.

I will try to keep up the pace.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982195 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)20:31:10') {

'>>982194
If somebody on the internet told you stories about being noticed and hired by a studio after they eventually send you a cease and desist, those stories are not true.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982197 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)21:03:04') {

'>>980769
>Arcane's tranny artstyle
Why is it tranny? Honest question. I think it looks pretty cool, but I also can't give a reason other than "I just like it".'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982198 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)21:13:02'  && image=='signal-2024-03-04-22-48-07-560.jpg') {

'>>982195
Honestly, i couldn't care less. Since April 11 i spent 5-10 hours/day working on this project, learning basically every needed skill from scratch with no understanding of workflows - just following my intuition (which fortunately got corrected by other people wisdom from time to time). If someone with Berserk royalties can't appreciate that someone is honouring Miuras opus magnum with such a passion and dedication
- they can go fuck themselves. Especially after allowing the dumbsterfire production of Berserk2016/17'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982199 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)21:19:48'  && image=='90a1eae0-de29-11ee-8ad7-d7ae0f010e6e.gif') {

'>>982197
That guy is a faggot who didn't see Arcane. otherwise he would know that the show has nothing to do with identity politics - even with pink and blue haired girls centre stage.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982206 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)21:56:51') {

'>>982198
Why should your copyright violation be considered a form of honouring?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982208 && dateTime=='05/01/24(Wed)23:33:31'  && image=='sketch-1714619324802.png') {

'>>982206
>Why should your copyright violation be considered a form of honouring?

Since when are passionately crafted non-profit fan-projects not considered as a form of honour?

Seriously, what are we even talking about? If my project is wrong, i don't wanna be right.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982210 && dateTime=='05/02/24(Thu)00:10:23') {

'>>982208
>what are we even talking about?
Your acompañamiento psicologico issues.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982216 && dateTime=='05/02/24(Thu)01:19:38') {

'>>982210
>Your acompañamiento psicologico issues.

You're fighting a losing battle at this front. Help me instead. I've got the following problem:
When i import thr FBX file into maya, the mesh gets imported with materials. Normally i don't care and choose the first material on the list, to get the mat with the texture. This time however, 3800 mats got imported. The mat list is so long, that I can't choose under "assign existing material" the texture.
How would you solve that?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982222 && dateTime=='05/02/24(Thu)02:59:31') {

'>>982216
Help you to do what? Focus on minor autistic issues that are irrelevant in light of the greater work?

This is why successful projects use plans, so creators don't get bogged down in the tiny details and keep sight of the whole. It's like you're laying out a house, you set down two boards and now you're inspecting every knot and burr in the wood. Hopeless!

There's so much to film language that you don't know you don't know and yet here you are sperging out on minutiae. "No! I got passion, I know I'm ignorant my faith will carry me" nigga shut up.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982225 && dateTime=='05/02/24(Thu)04:12:25') {

'>>982222
Nicee quads.
My guy, why so salty? If i crash and burn, i will crash burn. It is what it is. And don't get it the wrong way, i know exactly that there are neckbreaking obstacles in the upcoming weeks.
My skill issue was never a secret. This thread only exists because of my lack of knowledge and experience.
It's ok if you don't want to help. I don't expect anyone here have an ounce faith in what i currently do.
But that doesn't change the fact that i will try to carry on.
Which means: either you stay an unlikable cunt that repeats the same shit i heard from day 1, or be a nice guy and provide some insight to a guy with big dreams.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982226 && dateTime=='05/02/24(Thu)05:10:34') {

'>>982225
Some Anons feel threatened by your lack of faggotry, keep going anon you will make it'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982231 && dateTime=='05/02/24(Thu)07:15:27') {

'>>982216
3800?! What did you do, cut each polygon and assign each one material? I don’t own Zbrush but even the program would not allow such actions to take place without a huge error message.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982239 && dateTime=='05/02/24(Thu)09:26:09') {

'>>982231
Dayum, i just found the root of all the problems. I fucked myself twice in ZBrush. I just realised that i never made UVs for the complete model. Just for the head.
Here's the fucked up part: I always exported mesh without giving much value to subdivisions. i am not particularly high poly, but i am so highpoly enough that my CPU can't handle unwrapping UVs now. I know that i just could start remodeling, but honestly - i am a little to tired for a sculpting detour...

I am running currently with the Ryzen 5 2600x - 3,6GHz. I definitely need a new CPU. Any recommendations from your side?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982244 && dateTime=='05/02/24(Thu)10:45:35') {

'>>982239
You have to fix it, each polygon is one light source the computer has to calculate. So each material is one second of rendering time each time to create a single photo. By my math, the 3800 materials is one second for a total of 1 hour per photo. Because of video quality and resolution, you will be wasting an entire full week or two weeks just on rendering alone.

This video should explain what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS3qwFOPieg&t=373'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982248 && dateTime=='05/02/24(Thu)12:58:50'  && image=='Guts beastmode2.jpg') {

'>>982244
I may have found the most jarring solution. i turned my mesh into 10 different Subtools in ZBrush and now i am slowly unwrapping the UVs. Good thing is, that i could at least play a little with the lightsettings of ZBrush. The Bandages need a little more detail, but all in all i am perfectly fine with the artdirection.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982249 && dateTime=='05/02/24(Thu)13:39:19') {

'>>982226
Thanks fren. Honestly, i cut every anon here some slack. Most of them aren't unreasonable. But right now i live in a time in which in want to go beyond reason.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982260 && dateTime=='05/02/24(Thu)15:07:49') {

'>>982249
Try to understand that many anons have done exactly what you are trying to do right now. Many of us have taken a bigger bites than we could handle. It's a very common issue among creatives specially starting out. While most have a hard time conveying this making it come across as hateful it's typically meant in good nature. Otherwise they would be egging you on to continue so they could watch you crash and burn if they really meant harm.

What you are doing is really great if you keep a healthy expectation of what it will likely lead to. To play and experiment with tools and workflows is fundamental for you to grow into a skilled artist capable of doing what you are attempting. Be careful though, if you aren't flexible and only doing this with the expectation that you will 100% achieve your vision... it might lead you to resentment and burnout. There is a reason movies and shows can take years despite having hundreds of people working on it. Whenever you see dudes releasing solo projects it usually comes after years of some sort of mastery with their tools/skillsets not after a months of learning.

The best thing about what you are doing is that you are failing quickly and often against all the technical roadblocks, this is the best strategy to learn the tools and workflows. After some time the tools are no longer a obstacle and you can simply create without being worried about the how to. This can take years though, depending on how many software programs you are trying to pickup at once. So far I imagine you are trying to learn 3-5 by the looks of it. If I were you I would spend a bit more time researching the workflows. Talk to chatgpt since you are familiar with AI, ask it to help you get organized and what to look for.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982261 && dateTime=='05/02/24(Thu)15:19:39') {

'>>982249
>>982260

You currently seem to lack the knowledge of the typical 3d workflow or maybe you are choosing to ignoring it. In most 3D productions it goes like this:
1. Concept: Figure out what you are making.
2. HighPoly: Sculpt the character in full glory with no worry of polygon/performance limitations. You are meant to capture every detail you will need.
3. Retopology: Create the low polygon model which will be used in production. This model is easy to sculpt on, easy to UV and has all the topology to deform and can run well inside other apps that aren't Zbrush.
4. Unwrap: Depending on how you plan to do materials/texturing you might be able to use automatic unwrapping.
5. Material/texturing: Depending on the style you are going for you will need to choose the right path. It seems you want to mimic arcane, but they are mainly all hand painted so you should not worry so much abought lighting. Substance painter isn't great for hand painting btw although you can get very useful texture maps out of it.
6. Rigging: Creating bones, creating the skin and finally the controllers. You need to keep this in mind when you are sculpting the character, right now you have him in an A pose with a lot of the arm mesh clipping and merging into the torso. Even if you polish this you will never get good deformation out of it. You need to sculpt your character in a T-pose as much as possible.
7. Animation: This is one of the harder ones, this is an art form in itself. It's still not clear what this animation sequence you are trying to recreate. You should create some sort of storyboard, even if it's just the manga panels. This will inform what to focus on and what can be left out.
8. Rendering: Realistically in 4 years you will be using AI.

You seem to be jumping back and forth with 2, 5 and 8. You will never get a workable asset like this. If you are just experimenting that's fine, but you are getting ahead of yourself. let me know if you need clarification on anything.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982262 && dateTime=='05/02/24(Thu)15:26:48') {

'>>982248
Why are you trying to unwrap a high polygon model?

If it's a must then you should decimate the model with the "keep UVs" on so that it can become lower poly while maintaining the UV's you made.

Nothing that you do with the materials in Zbrush transfer over to the outside. If you are sculpting you should use one of the standard gray materials that allows you to see the forms of the mesh. If you are texturing with polypaint you should be using the flat white material or the white skin shader that let's you see the texture information without any shading.

What are you trying to do right now? What step in the pipeline are you at and what are you trying to accomplish?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982265 && dateTime=='05/02/24(Thu)16:58:14') {

'>>982260
First of all, anon thank you. I really appreciate you for sharing some wisdom.
>Try to understand that many anons have done exactly what you are trying to do right now.
Fren, i wholeheartly understand this. There is absolutely no need to explain or excuse the tone. Not to me and not for this.
I sound mad. Why should i deny the obvious? And there are definetly times, in which i am on the other side being distrustful, when
people start to sound mad. However, i think i am being misunderstood in certain aspects. I started this project with the sentiment in mind,
that "failure" is a viable outcome, but the real "failure" would be not giving it a proper shot, when my life situation started providing the best
circumstances for the opportunity of a lifetime. Seriously, the sentence "hesitation is defeat" felt never so real. I made peace with the fact that
i could face obstacles, way over my league. But i aim at least for one goal atm: creating a 5-10 second teaser demanding the implementation of every stage, in an animation productioncycle. Right now, i am basically in the pre-pre production and the creation of teaser will provide the answers
i need to know, if this project can continue or not. IMO is this approach combined with the healthiest expectations.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982267 && dateTime=='05/02/24(Thu)17:27:24'  && image=='what.jpg') {

'>>982262
>Why are you trying to unwrap a high polygon model?

Skill issue. I planned shitty and pay today the price. 2 weeks ago i didn't really care about subdivisions and UVs.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982271 && dateTime=='05/02/24(Thu)17:48:37') {

'>>982267
I would prefer to ge'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982283 && dateTime=='05/02/24(Thu)18:00:29') {

'>>982262
>What are you trying to do right now? What step in the pipeline are you at and what are you trying to accomplish?

right now i want a clean topologized Model of Guts, projected in different rendersettings and lighting. The next step is making the mesh ready for rigging.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982284 && dateTime=='05/02/24(Thu)18:10:52') {

'>>982283
Are you going to use Custom nor'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==982285 && dateTime=='05/02/24(Thu)18:15:10') {

'>>982283
>>982284
Yes, shading is really imp'
;

}

}
}