public void title() {

String fullTitle = '/news/';
}

public void menu();

public void board();

public void goToBottom();

}
class Thread extends Board {
public void Republican fascists defeated as Volkswagen Workers vote to Join UAW In Historic Labor Win(OP Anonymous) {

String fullTitle = 'Republican fascists defeated as Volkswagen Workers vote to Join UAW In Historic Labor Win';
int postNumber = 1288711;
String image = '1713593474411751.jpg';
String date = '04/20/24(Sat)02:11:14';
String comment = 'In huge defeat for the Republican fascists and their billionaire owners, the first Auto Plant in the south has voted to unionize

https://apnews.com/article/volkswagen-union-vote-united-auto-workers-chattanooga-51544590d8a06efddfa2f6ac7db00fbe

Employees at Volkswagen’s SUV assembly plant in Chattanooga, Tennessee, have voted to join the United Auto Workers in a historic labor victory, the union and Volkswagen announced late Friday.

A preliminary tally released by the company showed workers favored union representation by a count of 2,628 to 985, a nearly 3-1 margin. The landslide win gives the union a crucial toehold in the anti-union South.

The UAW called it a “historic breakthrough” in a statement.

More than 4,000 workers at the facility would be represented by the UAW, which has most of its auto membership at Ford, General Motors and Jeep parent company Stellantis, collectively known as the “Big Three.” The union previously lost two plant-wide votes at Volkswagen, including one in 2019, where it fell short by just 57 votes.

Volkswagen said in a brief statement that it would wait for the National Labor Relations Board to certify the results as official, suggesting it would not challenge them. The company, which is based in Germany, thanked its workers for voting.

This third Volkswagen election was closely watched because the union has struggled for years to organize foreign-owned auto plants in the South. But the UAW is riding high off its strike against the Big Three last year and has plans to unionize more plants in Southern states, including Mercedes-Benz and Hyundai facilities in Alabama.

The stakes are high for both the union and the industry. Over the years, automakers have increasingly set up operations below the Mason-Dixon line, where unions tend to be weaker and wages lower than in the Midwest. By failing to organize plants in the South, the UAW has lost much of the power it once wielded in setting working conditions across the industry.'
;

}
public void comments() {
if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288713 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)02:11:50') {

'Succeeding now could help push up wages and benefits for workers at those non-union facilities, while also giving the UAW more leverage where it already represents autoworkers. Organizing wins within the auto sector could also give a boost to the labor movement at large, at a time when union membership has dropped to just 10% in the U.S.

“We’re trying to make history here,” Yolanda Peoples, an assembly worker at the Chattanooga plant, told AP ahead of the vote.

In interviews, many workers said they supported the organizing effort because of the grueling work pace in the factory. They also said they hoped a union contract could improve their amount of paid time off, boost pay rates and give them recourse against discipline from supervisors.

Volkswagen said ahead of the vote that it was proud of the wages it offered and defended its safety record as better than the industry at large. The company also said it was providing neutral information to workers about the election and encouraging them to vote.

“We respect our employees’ right to decide this important issue through a democratic process,” a spokesperson told AP in an email.

The contracts the UAW won with Ford, GM and Stellantis helped the union close the deal with many Volkswagen workers. Wages at the Volkswagen plant are considered good for the area, with starting pay for a production job around $23 per hour and a top rate near $32. But the UAW’s contract with Ford will push the top rate there to nearly $43 by 2028. Several non-union automakers, including Volkswagen, quickly raised pay after the UAW settled contracts with the Big Three.

Some Republican politicians urged Volkswagen workers to reject the union, just as some lawmakers did during earlier campaigns in 2014 and 2019. Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee recently said it would be a “big mistake” to unionize and suggested the plant might close, while U.S. Sen. Bill Hagerty told AP last week that workers’ “liberty and freedoms” were at stake in the vote.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288714 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)02:12:51') {

'President Joe Biden congratulated the workers and the UAW on Friday night, and criticized several Republican governors, including Lee, for a joint statement they issued earlier in the week encouraging workers to vote “no.”

“There is nothing to fear from American workers using their voice and their legal right to form a union if they so choose,” the president said in a statement.

As Peoples told AP, this time workers were less fearful they could lose their jobs by organizing, knowing how much Volkswagen and Tennessee had invested in the plant, which opened in 2011. That was one of several reasons she felt certain of a union victory.

“It feels different, the whole thing,” Peoples said of the most recent campaign.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288723 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)05:09:39') {

'>>1288711
ahh, unions... punishing hardworkers and keeping shit workers employed. It is the same reason schools suck, government workers suck and many other things.

The only time it works is when the wokers in a union have continual interaction with the public or workers outside their union. If their lack of work ethic loses customers and jobs they will be out of a job and it incentivizes them to work hard.

Government and teachers don't have that. Automakers seem to be hit or miss but still on the positive.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288724 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)05:11:28') {

'>>1288723
What is it with conservatives and having crab-bucket mentality?'
;

}

if(theonemirrorneuron seeitsself && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288727 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)05:39:20') {

'>>1288724
>crab-bucket mentality
The mirror neurons are much more dominant in Liberals.
If I help you may help me in return.

Conservatives are too cynical of getting help from other humans because they are greedy and wouldn't do it them selves.

mirror neurons are the neural basis of the human capacity for emotions such as empathy

A mirror neuron is a neuron that fires both when an organism acts and when the organism observes the same action performed by another.[1][2][3] Thus, the neuron "mirrors" the behavior of the other, as though the observer were itself acting. Mirror neurons are not always physiologically distinct from other types of neurons in the brain; their main differentiating factor is their response patterns.[4] By this definition, such neurons have been directly observed in humans and some primate species

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirror_neuron'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288735 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)10:15:10') {

'>>1288727
congrats on what is perhaps the dumbest post on /news/ yet. expecting something in return isn't the basis for empathy. not to mention conservatives donate to charity at a higher rate than liberals.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288740 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)10:40:13') {

'>leftists support green policies that will put 90% of auto workers out of a job by 2035 if they get their way
>leftists also support UAW giving auto workers more pay for less work

Make it make sense'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288741 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)10:43:25') {

'>>1288740
>Make it make sense
Yes they can support opposing things without even knowing it.
It happens quite often.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288742 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)10:44:08') {

'>>1288741
>leftists are stupid and vote against their own interests
More news at 11'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288782 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)13:32:42') {

'>>1288713
>The contracts the UAW won with Ford, GM and Stellantis helped the union close the deal with many Volkswagen workers. Wages at the Volkswagen plant are considered good for the area, with starting pay for a production job around $23 per hour and a top rate near $32. But the UAW’s contract with Ford will push the top rate there to nearly $43 by 2028. Several non-union automakers, including Volkswagen, quickly raised pay after the UAW settled contracts with the Big Three.

I'm pro-union though I've never been in a union but my issue with the UAW (and unions in general) is they do NOTHING to help non-unionized workers.

It's cool that UAW workers got raises and such but what about everybody else? How about using some of that wealth and power to _actively_ help out non-unionized workers get unionized?

Because if you go the UAW's website, there is nothing there to help non-union workers, its just says "talk to your co-workers about getting unionized!" Yeah great, in the first place, HOW does one get a union going and in the second place, as soon as one of the co-workers spills the beans to management that you're talking about a union, you'll be fired.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288783 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)13:39:35') {

'>>1288782
I'm pro union too, but the US government has made it possible to just move out of the country defeating the effectiveness of unions.
In fact, I think Toyota makes more cars in the US than GM does as this point.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288790 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)14:21:15') {

'>>1288783
Yes, most of Gringo Mobile's production is in Mexico. Mexican cars are then shipped back to the US taking full advantage of NAFTA/USMCA or whatever it is.
This country's government have sold out it's citizens to the highest bidder.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288800 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)15:42:24') {

'>>1288782
>Is they do NOTHING to help non-unionized workers.
>Right to work (for less) argument
What did you think this entire vote was about?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288807 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)16:08:47') {

'>>1288783
Can't vote for Republicans then
https://republicansexposed.org/republicans-responsible-for-jobs-lost-and-outsourcing/'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288817 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)16:49:49') {

'>>1288807
Somehow I doubt your source is unbiased and truthful.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288819 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)17:40:37') {

'>>1288817
It's compilation of all the times Republicans have enabled and supported corporations shipping jobs overseas, or blocked attempts to crack down on it.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288820 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)17:43:21') {

'>>1288819
Not him but you have to copypaste the content of the article or retards here will deny it exists'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288822 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)17:46:31') {

'>>1288782
>but my issue with the UAW (and unions in general) is they do NOTHING to help non-unionized workers
Setting aside the fact that that's nakedly wrong and companies regularly increase wages for non-union work to keep people out of unions, what in the fuck do you think the point of a union is?

>Because if you go the UAW's website, there is nothing there to help non-union workers
>https://uaw.org/organize/a-worker-has-a-right/
>If you are interested in organizing your workplace with the UAW, contact our Organizing Department or call 1-800 2GET-UAW (1-800-243-8829). You’ll be connected to (or get a call back from) a UAW organizer who can answer questions and tell you what it takes to organize a union at your workplace.

>in the second place, as soon as one of the co-workers spills the beans to management that you're talking about a union, you'll be fired.
>https://www.nlrb.gov/about-nlrb/rights-we-protect/the-law/employees/your-rights-during-union-organizing
>You can't be fired, disciplined, demoted, or penalized in any way for engaging in these activities.

>But they'll do it anyway
That's what lawyers are for. If you aren't even willing to get treatment your employer owes you by LAW you sure as shit aren't going to get any decent treatment your employer owes you by CONTRACT. Unions exist in the first place because employers feel like they can treat their employees like shit. If you don't fight back, they absolutely can and you will never have a union or a job that treats you well.

>https://www.workcenter.gov/protection-from-retaliation/'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288823 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)17:49:11') {

'>>1288820
They'd still deny it exists anyway.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288824 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)17:50:30') {

'>>1288822
>companies regularly increase wages for non-union work to keep people out of unions
Which is also why companies are slashing pay for workers due to unions being decimated by 40+ years of anti worker policies by conservatives.
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/25/companies-slash-pay-for-new-hires-as-jobseekers-demand-nearly-80k.html'
;

}

if(smi retired PHD Evolutionary Biologist && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288826 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)17:53:49') {

'>>1288735
>congrats on what is perhaps the dumbest post on /news/ yet. expecting something in return isn't the basis for empathy

You are ignorant on this subject.
You may believe the daddy in the sky is the basis for empathy.
It's biological.
I am a semi retired evolutionary biologist who still teaches know it all snowflakes like you and slums here when I have to be politically incorrect to save my sanity.'
;

}

if(St Fauci gives me hope && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288827 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)17:54:57') {

'>>1288711
this article and title gives me true hope that good does triumph over evil'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288830 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)17:57:53') {

'>>1288827
The fact that Republicans actually had the audacity to claim that 'liberty and freedom' were at stake over this vote, and they were talking about people losing them if the union won was mind blowing.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288833 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)18:08:51') {

'>>1288830
Or the 5 republican governors who tried to influence the election by saying the union represented a threat to them and the economy.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288891 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)21:03:37') {

'>>1288783
>I'm pro union too, but the US government has made it possible to just move out of the country defeating the effectiveness of unions.

Sure, they can try that but nowadays, there's a strong upsurge in anti-corporate feeling among workers but again; the UAW and other unions are letting this slip thru their finger by doing NOTHING to actively aid this. They're just grabbing what they can for themselves.

>>1288800
>What did you think this entire vote was about?

Average Americans vote Rep because the Dems are literally demanding their children be turned into trannies and other insane woketarded bullshit, they're not voting Rep because they're anti-union but unfortunately in America, you have to pick one demon or the other.

>>1288822
> Setting aside the fact that that's nakedly wrong and companies regularly increase wages for non-union work to keep people out of unions

Yes, once a company is _actually under threat of being unionized_ but until that point, already unionized auto workers getting huge raises does nothing to help non-union wagies like myself and the UAW doesn't do shit to help people like me.

> contact our Organizing Department or call 1-800 2GET-UAW (1-800-243-8829).

Yeah, and their advice will be "talk to your co-workers about getting a union!", at which point you'll be fired. I'm asking the unions to send proactive "unionization teams" around to all the shops in an area and even if those shops don't get unionized, the threat will result in increased wages and benefits.

> You can't be fired, disciplined, demoted, or penalized in any way for engaging in these activities.

Of course not, you'll just be fired any number of other reasons or simply be told "sorry, you're not working out" and let go.

> That's what lawyers are for.

Is the UAW going to pay for them? Yeah, I thought so...'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288892 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)21:05:23') {

'>>1288891
>Reddit spacing damage control
This is about the Republicans taking a big L over Ukraine and against Workers, isn't it?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288895 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)21:09:23') {

'>>1288891
>Average Americans vote Rep because the Dems are literally demanding their children be turned into trannies
How did you get this indoctrinated?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288903 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)21:20:16') {

'>>1288895
Conservatives are naturally much easier to indoctrinate since their brains lack the ability to process critical thinking compared to liberals.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288910 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)21:27:17') {

'>>1288892
>>1288895

So I see neither of you guys can address the points I've made.

Nice talking to you, hopefully your boss doesn't force you to work Sunday...'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288912 && dateTime=='04/20/24(Sat)21:28:52') {

'>>1288910
>So I see neither of you guys can address the points I've made.
Word vomiting right wing schizo conspiracy theories isn't a point.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288952 && dateTime=='04/21/24(Sun)00:54:19') {

'>>1288891
>but until that point, already unionized auto workers getting huge raises does nothing to help non-union wagies like myself and the UAW doesn't do shit to help people like me.
That's just legitimately not true. Wages increase whenever there is major union activity in a particular industry, not just when a business is under threat of unionization. Also, again, what the fuck do you think a union is?

>I'm asking the unions to send proactive "unionization teams" around to all the shops in an area
On what grounds would a company have to let in non-workers into their businesses to talk to their employees and why wouldn't they just fire anyone talking to those teams during company time?

Also, you understand that unions are organizations of workers banding together to negotiate with their employers, right?

>Of course not, you'll just be fired any number of other reasons or simply be told "sorry, you're not working out" and let go.
That's what the lawyer is for.

>Is the UAW going to pay for them?
Good lawyers make you money. If you prove you're fired illegally, you'll be able to recoup your legal fees, not to mention get back pay.

Look you sound very happy getting trampled on by your job and very obsessed with blaming random fucking unions at other businesses for not doing enough to improve your conditions instead of your boss or yourself. Have fun with the life you've chosen.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288957 && dateTime=='04/21/24(Sun)03:31:32') {

'>>1288912
Good post'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288963 && dateTime=='04/21/24(Sun)04:17:59') {

'>>1288711
> defeat for the Republican fascists &#@?

Are you an idiot?

Fascists are SOCIALIST

That more closely describes the Democratic party if any.

Republicans are more Feudalistic than Fascist.

Go finish school, son!
...or go back.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1288965 && dateTime=='04/21/24(Sun)04:18:48') {

'>>1288963
Nah, Trump is a fascist, and head of the Republican party, ergo they're fascist.
Also Trump constantly sucks the dick of Putin, another fascist.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1289056 && dateTime=='04/21/24(Sun)12:44:25') {

'>>1288952
> Wages increase whenever there is major union activity in a particular industry

Sure, in a broad brush vaguely general sense but there isn't any to quantify this and say; "the UAW just went on strike and now I got a raise!". I didn't get anything, despite being in the metro Detroit area and the literal center of UAW power and it's not just wages, it's stuff like mandatory working hours, health benefits, vacation time, etc. None of which improved for me despite the UAW having just gone on strike.

> On what grounds would a company have to let in non-workers into their businesses

The unions need to set up "unionization stations" on the public sidewalks outside of a shop or hold rallies in nearby public parks. The point is, the unions do nothing to ACTIVELY increase union membership, which peaked in 1973 and has been all downhill since then.

> Also, you understand that unions are organizations of workers banding together to negotiate with their employers, right?

Yes, and how is this going to happen when the unions, who know what to do and have the money and power to do it, sit on the sidelines and leave non-workers swinging in the wind?

> If you prove you're fired illegally

Again; you can be fired for anything or nothing at all, how are you going to prove your employer fired you for talking about getting a union? It's not like the company is going to admit it and also again; who is going to pay for the lawyer and multi-year long lawsuit? I can't, all the more so when I just got fired for trying to get a union going.

> you sound very happy getting trampled on by your job

Nonsense, I WAANT to be unionized but this has to be initiated by and promoted the unions who know what they're doing and should be actively helping out non-union workers. Simply telling workers to "talk to your work buddies!" will only get you fired.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1289089 && dateTime=='04/21/24(Sun)15:48:04') {

'>>1289056
So you expect the Unions to work for you but not pay dues?
Funny how your lot complains about people getting 'free rides', while you're the real leech.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1289094 && dateTime=='04/21/24(Sun)16:24:16') {

'>>1288782
>they do NOTHING to help non-unionized workers
>Several non-union automakers, including Volkswagen, quickly raised pay after the UAW settled contracts with the Big Three.

in regards to organizing, have you tried contacting them?'
;

}

if(jews rape kids && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1289095 && dateTime=='04/21/24(Sun)16:28:35') {

'>>1288965
Why are racist DemoKKKrats always about the dick sucking?

Projection is their confession.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1289097 && dateTime=='04/21/24(Sun)16:41:20') {

'>>1289095
>N-n-n-no U...
The right wing can't meme without the Russians still it seems.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1289127 && dateTime=='04/21/24(Sun)19:19:27') {

'>>1289089
>So you expect the Unions to work for you but not pay dues?

I'll gladly pay union dues if they can get a union in my shop but I literally can't afford to risk my job trying to do it myself.

>>1289094
>in regards to organizing, have you tried contacting them?

Yes, they tell you to "talk to your co-workers" which is a non-starter right out of the gate because you have to go around secretly getting your co-workers to sign a pledge that they want to vote for a union but there is no way to know if one of them will spill the beans to management and as soon as that happens, you'll be out of job.

The onus has to be taken off the workers, as they have too much to lose to even try getting a union.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1289130 && dateTime=='04/21/24(Sun)19:35:54') {

'>>1288711
As someone who was in the teamsters Union for 12 years and a shop steward for 4, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They'll regret that BS.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1289135 && dateTime=='04/21/24(Sun)19:50:13') {

'>>1289127
> I literally can't afford to risk my job trying to do it myself.
Figuratively, no risk, no reward.
Also, learn your rights.
https://www.sommerspc.com/blog/2023/02/were-you-fired-after-trying-to-unionize-your-workplace/'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1289212 && dateTime=='04/22/24(Mon)04:58:42') {

'>>1289135
> we're a bazillion dollar union but you're on your own

Feel free to post the relevant portions that show who pays for the lawyers for the multi-years long lawsuit after you lose your job for trying to get a union.

Yeah, I thought so...'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1289240 && dateTime=='04/22/24(Mon)10:53:40') {

'>>1289127
>I'll gladly pay union dues if they can get a union in my McDonalds but I literally can't afford to risk my Mcjob trying to do it myself.
FTFY, don't pretend you're skilled labor, buger flipper

Remember when unions were for important jobs, like construction or general trades- now baristas think they should have unions and unions wonder why less and less people take them seriously.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1289253 && dateTime=='04/22/24(Mon)12:03:57') {

'>>1289240
>Remember when unions were for important jobs, like construction or general trades

Actually all kinda jobs were unionized back the day. My dad was UAW, my mom and godmother worked the deli at the local grocery store and were union and our nextdoor neighbor filled vending machines and he was also union. All got good pay, good benefits, full health care and _pensions_ while buying homes in suburbia, a new car every few years and raised families.

> now baristas think they should have unions and unions wonder why less and less people take them seriously.

https://businessquant.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Starbucks-revenue.png'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1289336 && dateTime=='04/22/24(Mon)19:32:31') {

'>>1289212
> we're a bazillion dollar union but you're on your own
Literally yes. Expecting a union at another company to do anything but sympathy strike for you is like expecting the Swiss Army to assassinate your boss if he tries to fire you.

What in the love of fuck do you think a union is/does? There are labor orgs that provide resources on setting up unions and plenty of employment lawyers that deal specifically in workplace infractions like unlawful termination.

Unions exist to protect members from their bosses and to negotiate on their behalf. What you fucking want is a fucking outreach program, of which there are dozens. Bitching about not getting help from an org not designed to provide it is nonsense.

And NLRB complaints are free.

https://aflcio.org/formaunion/contact'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==1289434 && dateTime=='04/23/24(Tue)11:59:06') {

'>>1289336
>Bitching about not getting help from an org not designed to provide it is nonsense.

Read a history book for Christ's sake, unions in the past literally went around the country _actively_ unionizing shops everywhere they could, they didn't sit on their ass waiting for workers to come to them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_history_of_the_United_States'
;

}

}
}