public void goToBottom();

}
class Thread extends Board {
public void undefined(OP Anonymous) {

String fullTitle = 'undefined';
int postNumber = 2720026;
String image = 'NaN';
String date = '04/14/24(Sun)22:07:36';
String comment = 'I promised to my friend to go one month long backpack trip in the summer.
What do I need to take with me?
>Boots, must be good for long walks in summer
>Where I sleep, tent/sleeping bag or something else'
;

}
public void comments() {
if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==2720028 && dateTime=='04/14/24(Sun)22:08:58') {

'My friend's budget is pretty small so we'll sleep probably outside most of the time.';

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==2720168 && dateTime=='04/15/24(Mon)09:45:33'  && image=='H.I.N.T.T.s.jpg') {

'Need more details for better advice. Climate? Terrain?
Visit a Decathlon store if there's one near you.
At minimum you need a sleeping mat, close cell foam ones are cheap and impervious to punctures; summer weight sleeping bag; two person tent- avoid bottom of the barrel ones as their failure will be problematic in your trip.
I would recommend against tarps for beginners unless you're willing to practice setting it up appropriately before your departure, and they offer no protection against bugs.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==2720181 && dateTime=='04/15/24(Mon)10:08:46') {

'>need
Focus more on what you want. You’re not going out for a month to just survive, right? The idea is to have a month long adventure and enjoy your time.

Don’t bring too much crap. That’s first and foremost. “Better to have it and not need it” is the hallmark of the newfag. Keep it basic and simple. Stick to the Essentials.

>first aid kit
Blister treatment and prevention, chewable Peptobismal, ibuprofen, maybe some superglue

>hygiene
Travel size toothbrush, toothpaste or dots, a way to bury your shit, insect repellent, sunscreen, body glide if you’re a fatty. Also a way to bathe. Simply rinsing off is ok but having a small amount of soap makes a huge difference, inb4 muh environment.

>maps
Paper is great, phones are ok.

>water
How much depends a lot on where you are and what you’re doing, but you’ll probably need a way to treat it and store it.

>food
Shelf stable, high carb if you’re hiking all day. Lots of info in this. Have a way to keep it away from critters, especially at popular campsites. The amount depends on the activity and your personal needs. Sporks are a shitty spoon and a shitty fork all in one.

>rain gear
It’s gonna rain. What you bring depends on the environment. Ponchos are pretty simple, great if it’s not too dense, and inexpensive.

>light
Headlamp or flashlight/“torch”. You’ll need it.

>repair tools
Small knife, duct tape (wrapped around a credit card; can double as blister prevention), zip ties, maybe a small sewing kit.

Probably left out a few things. You already know you’ll need a tent, a pack, shoes, and so on. Don’t wear cotton socks. Don’t bother with extra clothing.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==2720188 && dateTime=='04/15/24(Mon)10:25:01') {

'>>2720181
>phones are ok
PRO TIPS
phones are ok BUT:
you will need background maps for both driving around and hiking
(google maps and alltrails are the most popular, you can use whichever apps you lke)
make sure you have offline maps downloaded for your driving navigation app, and your hiking navigation app for where you will go

>charging
you will need at least 2 backup charging bricks, preferably 10,000 maH +
make sure the charging cords you have fit both the bricks and your phones, if you have a different phone than your friend, you will need 4 different cords
always have a backup, if a cord or a brick breaks, you are fucked, so you have to have duplicates'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==2720194 && dateTime=='04/15/24(Mon)10:33:17') {

'>>2720026
With such vague explanation only a fool would try to give you a specific list.
But if you're looking for general tips about packing for such trip:
- Maybe actually talk to him. Some gear (like cooking pot and stove) can be shared to make your trip easier. If they like you enough to go on a month long hike, they probably won't mind helping you out with this anyway.
- test your gear in your backyard, before going on a trip. You don't want to struggle with setting up your tent when it's raining or to figure out that your sleeping bag is too cold for you.
- if you're a total homo, then get matching sleeping bags: with a left zipper for him and a right zipper for you, so you can easily join them together for some extra intimacy and warm cuddly time.
- be wary of "two person" tents, hammocks etc - often producers are lying and those are too small for a couple to live in together. Check actual sizes before buying anything if you plan to sleep together - you could end up with no room for your gear.
- Make a list on lighterpack.com or excel or something. With a long hike it's really important to pack lightly; if you're carrying more than 12kg of gear (not including water, food, fuel), then you're doing something wrong.
- buy your backpack last, when you'll complete all your other gear. Otherwise you may have trouble fitting everything inside or you'll be forced to carry a backpack that's too big and heavy for no reason. It should be made out of some light material. Use a garbage bag inside to protect your gear from water
>boots
lol, retard
did you fell for the "muh ankle support" meme?
Just get a good pair of sneakers or some other running shoes. If it's really warm in your climate, I'd even consider sandals. I went on a couple of 3-4 day hikes in sandals and I had a great time - they're much lighter than other shoes and breeze on your feet is nice. You can remove pebbles and such just by shaking your foot, without having to untie anything like with regular shoes.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==2720206 && dateTime=='04/15/24(Mon)10:55:23') {

'>>2720168
Only issue I have with this advice is the 20L pack.

Get something closer to 40-60L you’ll want more space for gear and food.

Also bonus for extra things for comfort like a sit pad, chair, or sleeping bag especially since OP says he’s going for a few days'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==2720214 && dateTime=='04/15/24(Mon)11:07:21') {

'>>2720206
I originally wrote it for beginners with dayhikes in mind. I'll write another that includes bivouac at some point.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==2720229 && dateTime=='04/15/24(Mon)11:39:23') {

'>>2720214
The Mountaineers made a checklist over 100 years ago and called it the Ten Essentials. The Boy Scouts have been teaching it for decades. It’s a generalized list, something like this, in no particular order:
1. Navigation
2. Illumination
3. Hydration
4. Nutrition
5. First Aid
6. Fire
7. Repair Tools
8. Insulation
9. Sun protection
10. Emergency Shelter

Notice that it doesn’t include a pack or worn clothing. It’s specifically things that go in ones pack for emergencies while mountaineering in the western US. It’s not really a backpacking checklist; it’s for day trips.

I don’t think it’s perfect, just interesting. I like that it’s broad categories. For instance it doesn’t say “bring a map and compass because only larpers bring a GPS lol,” partly because it was written over a century ago but also because it’s purposefully obtuse so it can be easily customized.

Sun protection gets its own category, but might not if the list were written for another part of the world. I’m not sure where insect repellent would go, and it probably wasn’t included because it’s not that big of an issue where they are.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==2720330 && dateTime=='04/15/24(Mon)14:27:04') {

'>>2720026
Tents for backpacking are good if it's a tent big enough for only one person in a sleeping bag and that's about it. Although one two-person tent may be an overall lighter option than two one-person tents if you don't mind sharing tent with them and sleeping really close. You could also try a bivy, or a hammock, or even a tarp with a bug net instead to save even more weight and space.

Your backpack should have either an internal or external frame for back support as well as some lower straps to transfer the weight of your pack to your hips, and upper straps across your chest to pull the pack closer to your back. Internal frames are typically the lighter option, but external frames offer a bit more support, make it easier to strap things to the outside of your pack, and have better airflow across you back to keep you a bit cooler.

Boots give you a lot better ankle support, but you'll probably be sick of the extra weight at the end of your feet after a month. You might want to consider a lighter pair of trail runners. If you go with boots you will definitely want to bring a pair of camp shoes to let your feet breathe while you're sitting around camp even if its just a pair of flip-flops. Although with an open toed-shoe you have to be more careful as to not injure your feet. So here again it might be better to just get a breathable pair of trail runners and use them for both hiking and around camp.

Whatever you choose, you'll want to go for a few practice hikes with your full gear on to be sure you can manage the weight.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==2720635 && dateTime=='04/15/24(Mon)23:57:26') {

'>>2720194
Can second the boots aspect of this, climbed mount Ascutney in Vermont with nothing but Flipflops, a bottle of wine, a book bag with two water bottle, two joints, and a dream.

However, good boots do make or break long hikes. If it’s less than 30 miles and the elevation gain is less than 3000 feet I’d say sneakers are more than fine.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==2720645 && dateTime=='04/16/24(Tue)00:08:25') {

'>>2720026
spend some time with this cunt beforehand. the last thing you want is to realize you don't like this guy that much on day 2 and really want to leave.

this happened to me multiple times.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==2721061 && dateTime=='04/17/24(Wed)02:25:06') {

'>plenty of great tips
>not even a single "thank you"
OP is a faggot, as usual.'
;

}

}
}