public void goToBottom();

}
class Thread extends Board {
public void how do i stop ants from going in my wood pile?(OP Anonymous) {

String fullTitle = 'how do i stop ants from going in my wood pile?';
int postNumber = 2720379;
String image = '1713210403475266.jpg';
String date = '04/15/24(Mon)15:46:43';
String comment = 'when i go out to pull wood, theres ants between the boards/logs, so when i'm doing shit, i get covered in ants
they don't bite or sting me much, but thats only because i'm careful to knock them off & and not a pussy
but i feel bad seeing their babies baking in the sun & being eaten by all else
i do NOT want to use scary chemicals, because reasons
what can i do that allows them to be happy, but stay somewhat away from me
i also don't want them totally away, because i have a garden, so pollination is what pollination does
thank you for all that post in this thread (:'
;

}
public void comments() {
if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==2720399 && dateTime=='04/15/24(Mon)16:14:58') {

'>>2720379
Diatomaceous earth or borax sprinkled over the pile periodically as you stack it would help, and neither are scary chemicals, but I also don’t think either would be foolproof.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==2720444 && dateTime=='04/15/24(Mon)17:31:22'  && image=='766552597.png') {

'>>2720399
>but I also don’t think either would be foolproof.
yeah, thats the problem, they could just tunnel under easily enough
they already have the nests under the boards
its a fickle thing, i don't know where the queen is, if i did, i'd kill it, and let the nest die out, but i just don't know

any anons have a tip with this, to find the queen?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==2720576 && dateTime=='04/15/24(Mon)21:14:15') {

'>>2720379
Sounds like you don't have a cover over the wood which probably means they're getting soaked whenever it rains and rot is getting in, rot = food for ants.
Caring about the wellbeing of ants is retarded but you should be taking care of your wood because you don't want to support a colony of wood eating ants anywhere near your home, not to mention you're fucking up your wood supply.
Built a structure that keeps the rain off and keeps the wood off the ground (otherwise it'll still be sitting on a layer of damp soil all the time)
Also, you are talking about firewood right? Because if you're talking about building wood or wood that's already a part of your house that's obviously a big issue.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==2720628 && dateTime=='04/15/24(Mon)23:35:49') {

'>>2720576
it isn't fire wood (sorry i didn't say)
its just some wood from an old shed i took apart
the wood is somewhat covered, but the ants still take shelter there
thinking about it, i don't actually think they're eating the wood, they just make a nest anywhere
they don't live in my house or under, but they still choose to live under slats & stray bricks
when i was taking apart the shed, there were millions of them i killed during the event
in the end i killed a few colonies, but i think the same ants might be there anyways

actually, thinking about it, these ants could be invasive for all i know, i need to research this further
i'll send pics later, since its night right now'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==2720629 && dateTime=='04/15/24(Mon)23:43:40') {

'>>2720628
Do you plan on using the wood again for construction? Because if you do it probably shouldn't be left on bare soil where moisture can get in.
Look up ant types that eat wood in your area, if it was Australia where I live I'd be much more concerned but perhaps they're less of an issue overseas. Still though if they're there it's a sign of conditions like moisture and organic material that are bad for wood.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==2720639 && dateTime=='04/16/24(Tue)00:03:07'  && image=='6475930230.jpg') {

'>>2720629
i'm in middle upper western tennessee
the wood is whatever, no idea what it is exactly
some of it is actually good, yet while its really dense, its split the fuck apart from age
i've really just been using the wood as a haphazard way to weigh down the paper i got along some garden cloth to kill the grass thats on the area i'm starting a garden at
its probably gonna be a shitty garden, but i'm trying my almost best, since i'm not used to living in anything else but a desert outta the south west
if you care, i could post my garden plan too'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==2720657 && dateTime=='04/16/24(Tue)01:37:47') {

'>>2720639
Yeah ok it looks like useless old wood only really fit for the purpose you're using it for, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Even if they are carpenter ants or something else that's going to fuck up wood just make sure you store the bulk of it away from your house.
>if you care, i could post my garden plan too
Not really kek, good luck though'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==2720873 && dateTime=='04/16/24(Tue)14:52:01') {

'>>2720379
Don't stack your wood directly on the ground
It's literally that simple.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==2721220 && dateTime=='04/17/24(Wed)14:01:37') {

'>>2720873
is it really that easy?
wouldn't they just climb?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==2721292 && dateTime=='04/17/24(Wed)16:29:21') {

'>>2721220
Yes. I stack my wood in rows on 2x6s cut length wise. I've got all sorts of ants around but never in the woodpile.
I've tested this extensively over decades.

Also, if you gap between your rows at least 5 to 6 inches you won't get rats or tree rats building nests because that's just big enough to let the predators in.

You're creating a small airgap--ants follow the moisture.'
;

}

}
}