public void goToBottom();

}
class Thread extends Board {
public void /AEKG/ - Arnis, Eskrima, Kali General:(OP Anonymous) {

String fullTitle = '/AEKG/ - Arnis, Eskrima, Kali General:';
int postNumber = 187193;
String image = '1708057114914657.jpg';
String date = '02/15/24(Thu)23:18:34';
String comment = 'Post all things related to baton and knife fighting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnis'
;

}
public void comments() {
if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==187198 && dateTime=='02/15/24(Thu)23:43:33') {

'>>187193
Only baton and knife? No espada or bolo or tabak-toyok or sarong? No mano mano? What a shit thread.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==187199 && dateTime=='02/15/24(Thu)23:46:31') {

'>>187198
:(
>:('
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==187221 && dateTime=='02/16/24(Fri)07:14:15'  && image=='SaYAW ng KamataYAN.png') {

'>>187198
>>>187193
>No empty hands
>No swords
I practice Kali but have Karate and Muay Thai as my empty hand fighting set. What I am curious about is Yaw-Yan. A style, kinda like Muay Thai, but born out of interpreting Arnis strikes into kicks, punches, elbows, knees, backfist and forearm strikes.

I suggest watching youtuber Monkey Steals Peach's series on Filipino martial arts from different arnis styles, one even focusing purely on sword fighting, to one episode about Yaw Yan. Here's a couple:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6xbma2naws&list=PLATiJy-JBH8FxzlmkGJ2dUy9XORuu1W8Y&index=11 (Blades)
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p32jJGoXpvc (Yaw Yan)

You niggas should try swapping the baton for a metal or wood bolo trainer.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==187222 && dateTime=='02/16/24(Fri)08:27:29') {

'Semi-related cause I consider them batons, but what are you guys' thoughts on tonfa? They make expandable ones and I was thinking of picking up a pair. Seems hard to master but they appear to have and interesting mix of offense and defense.';

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==187224 && dateTime=='02/16/24(Fri)08:52:04'  && image=='Sword and Shield.png') {

'>>187222
I actually use a single tonfa instead of a baton for practice. Well not really a tonfa, it's those tonfa batons used by cops that I cut down to tonfa size. I use an aluminum sword trainer for practicing kali strikes but use the tonfa when practicing disarming techniques. Although I don't know how to use the tonfa in kobudo style, but since I have a karate background I just do karate blocks and punches while holding the tonfa the way it should be held for fun. Imagine the things you can do with the tonfa though with arnis strikes.
>Hold tonfa in the far end with the side handle being at the striking end
>#1 trike to the hand to disarm
>Recover and #12 strike to the head with either the handle knob or the "edge" part
>Then #2 rising diagonal strike to the leg but with the tonfa handle hooking the leg to pull the faggot out of balance
>Stomp balls to tranify enemy
It might not play out that way but you can use that side handle to hook legs. also what if:
>Dual wield tonfa and baton or machete
>Tonfa serves as an impromptu shield
>Can also serve as weapon when fighting becomes too close (punching, blocks like the age uke aimed to smack jaws like an uppercut with the forearm)
I wonder why nobody bothered to think of pairing different weapons in kobudo like doing what I said but with a sai paired with a tonfa.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==187259 && dateTime=='02/16/24(Fri)12:30:06') {

'>>187224
I love the concepts, makes me want to practice with some of that, in particular I've thought about the hooking/hammering being useful in addition to normal uses. Getting punched by a guy with a tonfa seems painful, especially if it's to the solar plexus, and being able to swipe leads to lots of options. Though for the reverse grip it would probably not work well with the retractable kind.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==187279 && dateTime=='02/16/24(Fri)15:22:32') {

'>>187259
That side handle can be a handguard though. Specially with those metal retractable types. One of the tricks taught to me in kali is, since bolos usually don't have handguards more so with sticks, you slide your stick down theirs after parrying to smack their fingers to hurt and even disarm them. That side handle might give you some protection. Might even be used in disarming techniques.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==187457 && dateTime=='02/18/24(Sun)09:48:08'  && image=='Chako.png') {

'Any FMA anons here have any ideas on how to use the nunchucks/tabak toyok? I'm considering buying one for fun. It's made out of rattan, joined together by paracord.';

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==189271 && dateTime=='03/04/24(Mon)09:22:47') {

'>>187193
ultimately Filipino Martial arts are blades, the stick comes from the times Spain tried to ban the practice of sword fighting in the Philippines.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==189272 && dateTime=='03/04/24(Mon)09:28:02') {

'>>187457
just watch clips of Bruce Lee vs. Dan Inosanto. You tube has fipinos doing Tabak toyok also.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==189277 && dateTime=='03/04/24(Mon)11:10:47') {

'>>189271
Some Filipino Martial Arts had Spanish patronage like Cebuano Eskrima since it was taught by Jesuit Priests.

https://youtu.be/4gJMoVKm82E?si=66Bn82YChyfAB9fk'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==189332 && dateTime=='03/04/24(Mon)23:27:25') {

'>>189277
iFMA is mixed with all sorts of knowledge, from India, China, Malaysia, France, and Spain, Don't forget Filipino warriors defeated the Spnish/Portuguese forces of Magellan, killing Magellan himself.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==189632 && dateTime=='03/06/24(Wed)15:22:09') {

'I know the question is dumb but how do I learn to use a weapon. A little sword or stick preferably. I already know how to fight with my body, striking and wrestling and even shooting guns but there is nothing to learn weapons here. Any tips?';

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==189676 && dateTime=='03/06/24(Wed)22:49:59') {

'>>189632
Learn Kali or whatever sword fighting martial art maybe HEMA.
>I already know how to fight with my body, striking and wrestling
That sounds fucking awesome. I'm just starting to learn hand-to-hand. That can easily translate with distancing and timing, fucked up strikes with the handle, grappling with knives is fucking terrifying.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==189680 && dateTime=='03/06/24(Wed)23:04:54') {

'>>189676
Sorry I forgot to precise there is no school of any kind in weapon training in my area. I want a few tech, may be youtube videos.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==189702 && dateTime=='03/07/24(Thu)04:57:29') {

'>>189632
weapons and empty hand striking have the same principals. either strike first, or block and coiunter, or parry and counter. In the Filipino mindset, once you understand the weapons, empty hand becomes easier.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==189704 && dateTime=='03/07/24(Thu)05:06:47') {

'>>187193
my journey in learning FMA comes from learning basic foil fencing first, then studying the Serrada style, then knife, and now I'm learning Largo Mano.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==189706 && dateTime=='03/07/24(Thu)05:20:43') {

'>>189680
the best stuff I found on Youtube is from Paul Vunak and GM Darren Tibon. There are so many schools and styles like Bahala Na, Cabales Serrada, Pekiti Tirsia, Inosanto Blend, Kali Illustrisimo, Ilokano Kabaroan, Presas/Modern Arnis, Balintawak, and Garimot Arnis. Indosiam/Malaysian Silat can be considered part of the family of FMA also.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==189731 && dateTime=='03/07/24(Thu)10:45:03') {

'>>189680
HHhhmmm......you should take anon's >>189706 advice. I'd first learn the:
>12 basic strikes
>Basic Blocks
>2 sticks/swords (to make both your hands used to wielding weapons)
>1 stick/sword (personal opinion: for practical use)
Only then you go to specialty skills like disarming (better if you have a partner). Useful techniques and skills particular to the style. Sword and dagger. Specialty weapons (nunchucks or the palm stick/dulo-dulo), empty hands. Add Rapido Realismo Kali to the list of possible styles to learn from. If you don't have a partner consider building your own arnis dummy for practice. I'll put up some videos from the simplest to the most complicated homemade practice dummies to choose from. Consider buying both rattan sticks and a training bolo/sword. The rattan sticks might be better for practice with dummy but the sword will get you used to the weight and balance of actual swords and for better edge alignment practice.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ladti1_H5Iw&t=1s
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yh5KAxTTbU
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7bSk9Txi7c
Good luck, anon.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==189757 && dateTime=='03/07/24(Thu)14:18:56'  && image=='funny things.png') {

'>>189706
>Paul Vunak
>first video is called RAT fighting system'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==189814 && dateTime=='03/08/24(Fri)00:25:04') {

'>>189757
RAT means Rapid Assault Tactics. Vunake is a 2nd genration JKD students who came directly under Dan Inosanto, Dan and Bruce Lee were close friends, and Inosanto's expression of JKD is largely composed of various Filipino Martial Arts'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==189846 && dateTime=='03/08/24(Fri)08:43:21') {

'>>187193
FMA as a whole encompasses a complete warrior skillset from spears, staffs, swords ,, sticks knives to empty hand striking and ground fighting.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==189969 && dateTime=='03/08/24(Fri)22:41:53') {

'>>189846
Kung Fu can make the same argument. I love FMA because it's dirt cheap, practical, devoid of fanciness (most of it anyway), and a local art. The fact that even locals think it's a crude barbaric and brutal art adds to the appeal for me.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==189986 && dateTime=='03/09/24(Sat)01:55:45') {

'>>189969
Yes, Kung Fu/Wushu the rest of the Chinese Martial Arts, so with the Japanese and Okinawan Arts as a whole. They're all much stronger than the average person perceives them to be. FMA especially floats under the radar because Filipinos are not viewed as tough warriors. Most Filipinos who live in the US have no clue of the FMA except for the region surrounding Stockton ,Ca or Filipino communities in Hawaii .'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==189987 && dateTime=='03/09/24(Sat)01:56:46') {

'>>189814
*Vunak'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==189989 && dateTime=='03/09/24(Sat)02:08:29') {

'>>189969
What I don't understand is why people avoid learning weapons and concentrate on empty hand stuff so much. The logic of " what if I lose my weapon" is foolish. The reality is weapons training makes your empty hands better. FMA also prepares you more for when "What if the enemy has the weapon and you don't.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==190526 && dateTime=='03/14/24(Thu)05:46:15') {

'>>189731
I took FMA from teachers under Inosanto blend and Jeet Kune Do. we focused on 5 angles, empty hand , knife, single stick, and double stick. The double stick training was mostly coordination drills. Single stick is where everyone should start. Responsible teachers will not show you knife until they can trust you'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==191072 && dateTime=='03/19/24(Tue)09:31:17') {

'I'm gonna make a pair of tabak toyok out of a thick rattan baton sometime this week. I'm gonna fuck around with it and hit a tire. I hope I can translate my basic arnis skills from stick or sword to nunchaku.';

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==191074 && dateTime=='03/19/24(Tue)09:46:31') {

'Any of you practice any FMA empty hands, specifically grappling? I've seen Yaw-Yan and other FMA striking styles but never the bunohan/grappling.';

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==191143 && dateTime=='03/20/24(Wed)07:14:52') {

'>>191074
I studied some Filipino dirty boxing which consists of elbows, wrist locks, and take down holds. I also want to find a Silat teacher, Silat is culturally the best compliment to Filipino weapons . I really don't like the vibe of Yaw-Yan, it feels too much like American Kickboxing mixed with Filipino commercialization.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==191905 && dateTime=='03/26/24(Tue)19:06:10') {

'>>187193
>/AEKG/
Why didn't you just go with /fma/ - Filipino Martial Arts like a normal person?'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==192065 && dateTime=='03/28/24(Thu)03:40:31') {

'>>191905
It's annoying how difficult it is to just refer to FMA by one name. The way I make sense of it all is most Northern FMA practioners call it Arnis. Practittioners from Visayas, Cebu, and Mindano will mostly call it Escrima, Then there is another group who will insist on calling it Kali because Escrima and Arnis are derived from spanish terms for fencing Escgrima and Arnis de Mano.'
;

}

if(Anonymous && title=='undefined' && postNumber==192070 && dateTime=='03/28/24(Thu)04:20:06') {

'>>187221
Yaw Yan is not a traditional Filipino Martial Art.. It's a modern hybrid creation like how Jeet Kune Do and American Kempo were created . In many ways it's much more of a brand, just by examining the name of it Yaw Yan means "The Dance of Death" It looks fun, and I see many of techniques do look effective, but it's a commercialized school practiced in westernized gyms. it's not traditional like the FMA which uses sticks, spears, wooden shields, swords, and knives'
;

}

}
}